Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC Hatton Jnr set up Ripple Effect which became the clubs website creator.

Kirkby came to light and Liverpool (ex) City Councillor Hatton Snr jumped in with both feet and fawned at the feet of the worlds greatest living Evertonian and supported the move outside of the city.

Ripple Effect, still running the clubs website, was sold to Trinity Mirror and kept Hatton Jnr in charge of it.

Trinity Mirror has many business dealings with the club and that includes the Red Echo not delving into the clubs accounts and seeking answers.
If this is that case, as many appear to suspect, it would seem to be quite embarrassing for both the club and the paper.

Actually, let me clarify for you. As a matter of record I wanted you not to keep calling him a Director as he is not a member of the Board.

However, if someone acts as a Director, yet is not a member of the Board, he or she may be deemed to be acting a "shadow director" and therefore face all directoral responsibilities and liabilities.

A shadow director in relation to a company means a person in accordance with whose directions or instructions the directors of the company are accustomed to act (section 251(1), 2006 Act). This definition is also followed in section 251 of the Insolvency Act 1986 (IA 1986) and section 22(5) of the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986 (CDDA 1986).
Schooled by Sir Humphrey Appleby ?

I wonder if the ECHO will investigate why there is no declaration on the accounts as to one of the club's Directors (a shadow director: fully covered under the companies act) other companies and therefore that director materially benefiting from a transaction from EFC.

Oh that's right. The ECHO doesn't do investigative journalism.

Particularly if it's own financial interests are potentially involved.

You know what this calls for @davek

A 50 page ECHO spread special about LFC!!!!

@the esk

A telling contribution to the Echo's current public survey in today's edition......

In the Blue corner, Gary Shaw says: “Your paper is too sensationalist. There is a lack of true investigative journalism. You are more concerned with internet traffic than actually reporting stories that are of interest to our city. For example, the bias towards Liverpool FC is extraordinary. You are a local paper for Merseyside. Your concern shouldn’t be how much internet traffic you can pull in from the Far East. Everton FC get hardly any recognition from the national media. To suffer the same indignity in our own city is unforgiveable.”

Editor Ali Machray adds: "We have received far more criticism about our football coverage from Everton fans than we have from Liverpool fans. I would like to make it clear that I am actively reviewing the balance of coverage with my sports team."

He should show them today's backpage then.....even Rooney's goal for England overshadows the, albeit doom laden, trailer piece on Everton keeping McCarthy & Stones. The RS's 'unlucky' defeat in a friendly gets banner headlines. Garbage.

A telling contribution to the Echo's current public survey in today's edition......In the Blue corner, Gary Shaw says: “Your paper is too sensationalist. There is a lack of true investigative journalism. You are more concerned with internet traffic than actually reporting stories that are of interest to our city. For example, the bias towards Liverpool FC is extraordinary. You are a local paper for Merseyside. Your concern shouldn’t be how much internet traffic you can pull in from the Far East. Everton FC get hardly any recognition from the national media. To suffer the same indignity in our own city is unforgiveable.” Editor Ali Machray adds: "We have received far more criticism about our football coverage from Everton fans than we have from Liverpool fans. I would like to make it clear that I am actively reviewing the balance of coverage with my sports team."

He should show them today's backpage then.....even Rooney's goal for England overshadows the, albeit doom laden, trailer piece on Everton keeping McCarthy & Stones. The RS's 'unlucky' defeat in a friendly gets banner headlines. Garbage.

Hopefully that means Prentice and O'Keeffe are walking the plank.

Another classic Echo back page tonight.

Half the page devoted to a LFC Legends team getting beat by Real Madrid Legends.

Quarter page on Rooney (England).

Less than a quarter page on 'Blues must fight to keep stars'.

Another classic Echo back page tonight.

Half the page devoted to a LFC Legends team getting beat by Real Madrid Legends.

Quarter page on Rooney (England).

Less than a quarter page on 'Blues must fight to keep stars'.

Kiss my Everton arse Prentice, O'Keefe and the ECHO

I just saw this on NewsNow;

upload_2015-6-15_19-11-38.webp

Clicked it - but Bluekipper have removed/deleted the article: http://bluekipper.com/news/misc__news/8164--.html?

Odd. Anyone know what it said?

Simple:
don't buy the Oldham printed rag, you're not going to do any locals out of a job.
don't read it.
don't click on any of their links.
Most of us now-a-days can't even recycle it the old fashioned way... ripped into squares and placed on a nail at the bottom of the yard...which would be it's finest hour and best use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back