Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a minority shareholder thought that they had suffered damages from the arrangements, they could (i) try and force an EGM to discuss matters, or (ii) failing that take action in the Courts to seek redress.

Well this is why there needs to be transparency.

Is Kenyon's other company getting above market rate payment for the services offered - in as you state potentially accounted for in the

'other operating expenses' accounting line.

Its open to question. Therefore there needs to be ULTRA transparency in order to ensure no questions are asked.

Is Kenyon's other company getting above market rate payment for the services offered - in as you state potentially accounted for in the 'other operating expenses' accounting line.

No-one other than the Board and the auditors would know this. Of course, a properly convened shareholder meeting could ask the question, and I am not suggesting for one moment that this is the case.

They would only be in breach of that fiduciary interest if it could be proven that shareholders had been damaged by the arrangements.

There can be a breach of a fiduciary interest

Its just no one would know about it. As its not being declared of the interest being there. Its not in the company accounts.

No one in the local media will investigate as they're not wanting to upset their customer (and the major shareholders who run the company and sit on the board).

No-one other than the Board and the auditors would know this. Of course, a properly convened shareholder meeting could ask the question, and I am not suggesting for one moment that this is the case.

We're talking hypothetically here of course.

But it highlights how - closed and poor transparency there is.

Certainly the 'OTHER OPERATING COSTS' accounting line needs greater detail.

It could be argued it could be used as a balloon term to POTENTIALLY hide things in the accounts to a PROPERLY independent review of the accounts.

Plus the disgrace of banning Annual General Meeting (AGMs) for all the shareholders to keep track of the business they invested in.

Of course the ECHO would never investigate. They don't do investigative journalism. Ever.

We're talking hypothetically here of course.

But it highlights how - closed and poor transparency there is.

Certainly the 'OTHER OPERATING COSTS' accounting line needs greater detail.

It could be argued it could be used as a balloon term to POTENTIALLY hide things in the accounts to a PROPERLY inndependent review of the accounts.
Ever heard of the phrase 'audited accounts'?

You'd better include the auditors in your unmasking then Scoob.

Ever heard of the phrase 'audited accounts'?

You'd better include the auditors in your unmasking then Scoob.

@the esk

School this poster please Mr Esk.

I'm not sure FLHD needs "schooling" I think his comment is fair and accurate.

The only question I think you could ask Deloitte's is why there is no note in the accounts about connected parties.

I'm not sure FLHD needs "schooling" I think his comment is fair and accurate.

The only question I think you could ask Deloitte's is why there is no note in the accounts about connected parties.

PRECISELY!

Schooled.

Plus I'd like to ask the credit rating agencies why they gave banks AAA ratings that went kapoo in 2008 and how the auditors never flagged anything.

I nearly posted tonight that both The Mirror and The MailOnline had lavish spreads on Tom Cleverleys wedding at Claridges....photos of guests Rooney et al and yet not ONE mention of him playing for Everton in either pieces. He was referred to throughout as 'the ex Manchester United player' or 'the England player'. I couldn't be arsed posting it in the end as were used to it etc. But you might know that The Anfield Bugle does manage to mention us...... in the same headline as 'Rapist footballer'. Its obviously an agency piece....with the text reflecting the same as the nationals..the wags, Rooney/Coleen etc...but the headline mustve been subbed by The Echo. They ought to be ashamed of themselves printing this....
Rapist footballer Ched Evans is guest at new Everton midfielder Tom Cleverley's wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back