Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel a bit uncomfortable about all of this.

Not keen on the way they're trying to link the word 'rapist' with Everton, despite the person in question having precisely sod all to do with us, and with our own local paper actively adding that headline to a national non-Everton specific story.

Also, and I'm certainly not defending him, but if he has an ongoing appeal, aren't they supposed to give such adjectives a wide berth, in the same way we have to be careful about what we say about Hillsborough at present, while the enquiry is ongoing?

I feel sorry for Tom and his wife, a special day for them and the media slur it for them.

No doubt people will be moaning saying why did they invite Evans etc etc

I expect the media to attack Tom now.

What have our crusaders said today?

Any Snowden/Assange type bombshells about the Everton situation at boardroom level?

Surely that writing doesnt effect to their special moment. They knew it that it might cause media stir...Im more convinced about one thing, though. Echo journalists lack professionalism and they really seem to be pro-kopite.

But sports chief editor is to blame IMO. where are his standards F F S! Does he even know whats going on in his rag?

Im so pi**** about this biasm.

Surely that writing doesnt effect to their special moment. They knew it that it might cause media stir...Im more convinced about one thing, though. Echo journalists lack professionalism and they really seem to be pro-kopite.

But sports chief editor is to blame IMO. where are his standards F F S! Does he even know whats going on in his rag?

Im so pi**** about this biasm.

Cushy post regurgitating the OS stories and repeating the rumours on forums like this. Why rock the boat...it's not as if they're really journalists.

Massive bellends have just ruined tonights episode of The Chase for me by plastering it on facebook.

Deffo boycotting them now. jk, haven't bought it for years, coz it's a rubbish rag of a paper, and haven't ran a decent story on us in decades.

Four of the five stories the Echo have today are about the fixtures:

The games fans will be looking for in the new fixtures
5 things to watch in the new fixtures
The first 10 games with the new fixtures
Everton: new fixture analysis

Great job lads. You're breaking new ground here with this comprehensive coverage.

#moneyforoldrope

Great job lads. You're breaking new ground here with this comprehensive coverage.

#moneyforoldrope
Following on from yesterday's sensational developments at the Echo and their quest to furnish us with all we need to know and more concerning the new fixtures, two of the three stories they've released today are giving further coverage to the issue:

- A timeline of Everton's first day fixtures from the past
- Echo Comment on the new fixtures and expectations from them

They have their teeth into this now and wont give up until they get to the bottom of it. Hats off to these investigative journalists who are powering ahead in their determination to serve the interests of all Evertonians.

Didn't click on it, but just saw the following Echo news story headline on newsnow:

Everton FC transfers: Everton eye £20million-rated striker Troy Deeney - Liverpool Echo 19:25

£20 million??????!!!!!

Is that a translation error and they really want £2m for him?

#moneyforoldrope

Prentice and Okeefe in Liverpool fc biased journalism masterclass that is the ECHO

They're only happy if their red editors are happy.

And those Everton fixtures articles are Pultizer prize winners if ever I've seen them

Forget Woodward and Goldstein

The Echo has Prentice and Okeefe

@davek

Prentice and Okeefe in Liverpool fc biased journalism masterclass that is the ECHO

They're only happy if their red editors are happy.

And those Everton fixtures articles are Pultizer prize winners if ever I've seen them

Forget Woodward and Goldstein

The Echo has Prentice and Okeefe

@davek
Er Bernstein!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back