Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the echo and the way they report on things. I remember after the 0-0 against the demons in 2013 when Distins goal was disallowed and the reporter said that we couldn't have any complaints as Suarez had his goal disallowed. He then criticized our fans for being so vocal during and after the match, saying we treated it like a cup final. The echo has got worse and worse particularly in recent years, reporting on petty incidents that happened miles away from Liverpool, despite the fact their meant to be a local paper. The majority of their reporters aren't even from Liverpool yet continually lecture people on what it means to be scouse. They also fail to properly report on crime in Liverpool, which they gave up on in 2009. Nowadays they continually print misleading articles, so for example today "man attacked in unprovoked racist attack", ignoring it happened in the roughest area of town and at the most dangerous time. Despite the fact no racist language was used and people are the victim of unprovoked attacks in town every week. I always find it funny when they talk about gangs and used words like high ranking or lieutenant to describe groups of scallies who do whatever they feel like and follow no orders.

Its all true this. The Everton thing too is just a big stick people are using to deservedly beat the ECHO with.

Its been coming a long time.

I hate the echo and the way they report on things. I remember after the 0-0 against the demons in 2013 when Distins goal was disallowed and the reporter said that we couldn't have any complaints as Suarez had his goal disallowed. He then criticized our fans for being so vocal during and after the match, saying we treated it like a cup final. The echo has got worse and worse particularly in recent years, reporting on petty incidents that happened miles away from Liverpool, despite the fact their meant to be a local paper. The majority of their reporters aren't even from Liverpool yet continually lecture people on what it means to be scouse. They also fail to properly report on crime in Liverpool, which they gave up on in 2009. Nowadays they continually print misleading articles, so for example today "man attacked in unprovoked racist attack", ignoring it happened in the roughest area of town and at the most dangerous time. Despite the fact no racist language was used and people are the victim of unprovoked attacks in town every week. I always find it funny when they talk about gangs and used words like high ranking or lieutenant to describe groups of scallies who do whatever they feel like and follow no orders.
That was the last copy I bought,James Pearce wrote that disgusting article,he apparently still reports on LFC,if they'd had anything about them there would have been an apology to us as supporters and EFC as a club and Pearce would have been demoted to reporting on the non-league scene or something.

That annoys me something terrible. Having a man who has been seen on national television crying over a Liverpool result write articles about us. Joke.

o-LIVERPOOL-FAN-CRYING-570.jpg

8pQB7oY4_400x400.jpeg

https://twitter.com/kristian_walsh

Liverpool ECHO football writer. I was the 24th entrant in the 1994 Royal Rumble. Views inevitably mine, or stolen from one of my friends.

Author of:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-prentice-everton-fc-need-9484908

Dave Prentice: Everton FC need creative ideas to help sell tickets

I'd love a deeper analysis how it can be that the RS infest the media on such obscene levels. Something machiavellian, I'm sure.

I'd love a deeper analysis how it can be that the RS infest the media on such obscene levels. Something machiavellian, I'm sure.

Its ironic considering the editor Alistair Machray

is apparently having to investigate why they're getting so many complaints.

What the hell is the man doing ????? Obviously not read his own website recently!

“I would like to make it clear that I am actively reviewing the balance of coverage with my sports team.”

will he feck like.

Can't we found our own football paper? Everton Times or something? Maybe there's already a local one I'm not aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back