Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Echo were the catalyst for the RS getting rid of Gillett and Hicks. I remember there being an article nearly every night about how they were ripping the club apart. We just have patronising [Poor language removed].

The Echo were the catalyst for the RS getting rid of Gillett and Hicks. I remember there being an article nearly every night about how they were ripping the club apart. We just have patronising [Poor language removed].

No it didn't

In what respect ? I felt the coverage has worsened..

Coverage?

By volume, or credibility?

I find it bizarre that you're trying to stick something on someone you seemingly have an agenda against.

Brian Doogan would seem very much an irrelevance, unless I'm missing something...

image.webp
Oh come on Del, it did. The Echo put enormous pressure on LFC and Gillet & Hicks. It whipped things up big style and printed a lot of negative stuff that got the fans in lynch mode.

To be fair the national papers were all over it too given that they knew it was heading to the high court.

The ECHO was just an amateurish operation with closet-Liverpool fans and acknowledged Liverpool fans doing Everton news stories.

If that doesn't put anyone off I don't know what would.

The @GrandOldTeam website is more professional news reporting wise than the ECHO.

And this gets supported by donations (hint: go donate people) or you'll be stuck reading the ECHO FFS (n)

Nothing has changed at the Echo in years. They are fundamentally pro-club, anti-fan. Certainly nothing has changed since January - it's just the status quo continuing.

Oh come on Del, it did. The Echo put enormous pressure on LFC and Gillet & Hicks. It whipped things up big style and printed a lot of negative stuff that got the fans in lynch mode.

Which had nothing to do with them leaving

You want to believe those tits across the way crying and moaning got the yanks out then more fool you

Coverage?

By volume, or credibility?

I find it bizarre that you're trying to stick something on someone you seemingly have an agenda against.

Brian Doogan would seem very much an irrelevance, unless I'm missing something...

Credibility in general
He basically co ordinates all comms/pr out the club. Controls the press.

See Aston Villa fans/forums before the appointment.

I think the Echo were trying to invite GOT to the aforementioned fans meeting, only for GOT to tell them to do one.

A correct decision now, in hindsight.

GOT as an entity doesn't represent the fan base, so it was a non starter. It's not my/our place.

GOT shouldn't give me/the moderating team any privlidges over any other fan - hence swerving any Club invite perks.

I'd have also probably made them cry.

Nothing has changed at the Echo in years. They are fundamentally pro-Liverpool, anti-fan. Certainly nothing has changed since January - it's just the status quo continuing.

Corrected that for you mate.

My best mate is a local journalist.

He loses his job if he doesn't toe the party line. They will refuse interviews/coverage.

Course they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back