Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Doogan would seem very much an irrelevance, unless I'm missing something...

I'm not sure Doogan has had much of an effect, given that the problems with the Echo existed for many years before he arrived.

However... and this is a separate issue for a separate thread... Doogan had a very poor rep amongst the Birmingham local media for being an obstructive, meddling, controlling force behind the scenes. This is just one example:

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/aston-villa-management-suspensions-blackout-brian-doogan/

Which had nothing to do with them leaving

You want to believe those tits across the way crying and moaning got the yanks out then more fool you

Don't think that anyones saying that, just that they were very obvious in their agenda to put pressure on them.

My best mate is a local journalist.

He loses his job if he doesn't toe the party line. They will refuse interviews/coverage.

Course they do.

No doubt.

The Clubs PR team will see to that.

Thats to be expected though, but you should be able to rely on local media integrity - as it is, they just toe the line.

My mate works for the echo and said there told by the club what to print

No doubt.

The Clubs PR team will see to that.

Thats to be expected though, but you should be able to rely on local media integrity - as it is, they just toe the line.

Yes but do you really think the club doesnt affect the local coverage from the echo?

I'm not sure Doogan has had much of an effect, given that the problems with the Echo existed for many years before he arrived.

However... and this is a separate issue for a separate thread... Doogan had a very poor rep amongst the Birmingham local media for being an obstructive, meddling, controlling force behind the scenes. This is just one example:

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/aston-villa-management-suspensions-blackout-brian-doogan/

I know pal. But you could find the same on here for plenty of club officials.

It's worth noting that Brian Doogan is the Clubs Head of Media/Comms. His boss, is Director of Comms.

To deflect Liverpool Echo criticism towards an EFC official who has been in place for a few months is an odd one.

I said at the time that the day the club appointed Brian Doogan was a dark day.

Its absolutely disgusting and the lack of coverage and propaganda has increased ten fold since the appointment.

This latest act from the echo is nothing short of a disgrace. Any blue who buys it is part of the problem.

The only way is a boycott of the website..paper etc.

Disgusting. Fuming. They only recently appointed a die hard red to do coverage of the blues too..Kristian Walsh.
Is that the nugget who was crying in the stands at Crystanbul?

* you may have me on ignore so that's an open question to the floor

Which had nothing to do with them leaving

You want to believe those tits across the way crying and moaning got the yanks out then more fool you

I agree with you that all those whining arse kopites aren't what forced Hicks and Gillett out despite what they seem to think. It was Martin Broughton who forced them out when he beat them in court, yet the likes of Spirit of Shankly and the local media love to pat themselves on the back as if it were they themselves who achieved it.

The fact still is though that local media completely ignore the problems at Everton and seemingly don't give a toss about how bad things get for us. They hide behind the "oh well not all fans are against the board, we have to take into consideration their views too." That is an absolute cop-out of an answer that is, the facts are there in black and white about this board and its' MANY failures. It's basically like saying that just because some people think Hitler wasn't such a bad bloke that historians shouldn't write about some of the awful things he was responsible for.

Newspapers and journalists are supposed to report the truth, expose wrongdoing/failures and educate the uninformed. Not kiss the arse of the establishment (in this sense the club) in order to get exclusive access to things.

It's worth noting that Brian Doogan is the Clubs Head of Media/Comms. His boss, is Director of Comms.

To deflect Liverpool Echo criticism towards an EFC official who has been in place for a few months is an odd one.

Tell them I'll punch them in the nose.

I think your being naive if you dont think he will be key to the strategy

Yes but do you really think the club doesnt affect the local coverage from the echo?

Of course the Club input - if I worked in comms/PR for a football club, I'd do all I could to get a grip of local media.

Remember the leaked emails that resulted in the sacking of a former EFC director of comms? Everton's CEO referred to pieces going in the Echo to support their PR effort against the Blue Union. He also said the echo owed Everton...

It was completely genuine to because that leaked email chain referred to approaching a fan to do a blog on the EFC site - they approached me, I declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back