Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that all those whining arse kopites aren't what forced Hicks and Gillett out despite what they seem to think. It was Martin Broughton who forced them out when he beat them in court, yet the likes of Spirit of Shankly and the local media love to pat themselves on the back as if it were they themselves who achieved it.

The fact still is though that local media completely ignore the problems at Everton and seemingly don't give a toss about how bad things get for us. They hide behind the "oh well not all fans are against the board, we have to take into consideration their views too." That is an absolute cop-out of an answer that is, the facts are there in black and white about this board and its' MANY failures. It's like saying that just because some people think Hitler wasn't such a bad bloke that historians shouldn't write about some of the awful things he was responsible for.

Newspapers and journalists are supposed to report the truth, expose wrongdoing/failures and educate the uninformed. Not kiss the arse of the establishment (in this sense the club) in order to get exclusive access to things.

Exactly.

That article has angered me so so much, the Echo are absolutely pathetic. PATHETIC. Wouldn't even rip that paper up for a rats wedding, in the words of Charlie Brooker.

I mean who in their god damn right mind uses the modal class as an average? Hasn't even considered the mean and the median. IT'S A DISGRACE

Isn't this the same for all journalists though? No one would dare criticise Sir Alex because they'd be banned from United and their paper wouldn't get the access they need for their readers. The Echo's the same with Everton which most of us realised years ago and so as a paper it's irrelevant to me. Just don't buy it.

Which had nothing to do with them leaving

You want to believe those tits across the way crying and moaning got the yanks out then more fool you

Even if it had nothing to do with them leaving (it did have a bit, it made them reviled and disliked, unable to attend matches for fear of their own safety), it educated their fanbase of their various dealings behind the scenes.

The Echo doesn't do that with Everton, and it should.

Why does Robert Earl own nearly a quarter of Everton but never invests in the club or attends matches?
Why hasn't there been the same demand for 'heads to roll' after 2 (and almost 3) stadium moves have collapsed under the same board's watch?
Why has there been no criticism of the CEO's business dealings, with the club underperforming in comparison to mid-table rivals?
Why has there been no positive suggestions made, such as even if Kenwright doesn't want to sell, why doesn't he bring new people on to the Everton board to generate fresh ideas?
Why has there been no mention or questioning as to what will happen to Sir Philip Carter's shareholding and place on the board now that he has passed?
Why is there no focus on the fact that the EFC board now consists of 3 people - Kenwright (rumoured to be ill and currently AWOL), Earl (AWOL for the past 9 years), and Jon Woods (the invisible man who has never given an interview in the media, despite being on the board for the past 15 years)?

These are the sort of the questions that should be getting asked, and that's before we even bring up the really juicy investigative stuff like asking who BCR Sports are, and why the Club get Vibrac loans from a business in British Virgin Islands. And what Sir Philip Green's involvement in the club truly is.

Just don't huy it, it's simple. It has no relevant news and reinforces the stereotype of the city at every opportunity.

Strangely, I thought the Post had a more realistic perspective on our club, at least not as blatantly brokeback with club as its parent paper, but when that went any sense of 'local realism' went too.

The r/s are a brand, we aren't. They are clickbait, electronic or paper, we aren't.

Ignore it, it's offensive and shouldn't be encouraged or funded.

My comment on the article:

So 11th is "where we should be" is it? Hang on a minute - you're telling us that, because (now) it's the most frequently occupied final position means it's "about right"? I've never heard such distorted rubbish in my entire life - and I am an accountant btw - haven't Everton won the league 9 times? (That's two less than 11 by the way). I can't be bothered to work out the mean finishing position which is the correct way to assess 100 plus seasons worth of data but with a whole load more wins that losses it sure as hell is higher than 11th out of 20-22 teams over 120 odd years. Stop making up meaningless, inaccurate statistics for no particular reason.

If EFC told me to put something on GOT, and I'd get a season ticket/exclusive interviews ETC - I'd decline.

It's a question of integrity. That's the point. You can't blame Everton/officials for using local media as an extension to their comms...
I'd never back this nazi beaut normally but what he says is true. He's swerved good offers to keep the site independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back