Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only way is just to keep the pressure on them. Clearly the social media attack stung them. They're hoping they can nip it in the bud then if we win a few games they can go back to writing about Hibbert's angling prowess and how all our best players are and should be leaving.

Can we delete these Liverpool Echo threads, the Echo will never change, in fact can we include the Liverpool Echo as ' poor language removed' words.
Just hate the paper and it's biased journo's so lets ban anything about them??

Nice try. Educating Blues on the issue, particularly the poor souls who still use the paper as a viable resource for news regarding our club, is a much better approach. A blackout on this site alone would fine in the eyes of the Echo, what wouldn't be fine is if the message here spreads further.

Worst mistake in this clubs history is let that lot have the name "liverpool" sadly with the city's name and liver bird they automatically become synonymous with the city.

I would have put this in the Blue Union thread, but unfortunately that was closed due to highly predictable conflict.

Just wanted to make mention that the Liverpool Echo were invited to cover yesterday's meeting and declined, with John Thompson, the Echo sports editor sending his apologies. This continues the Echo's streak of not covering the Blue Union, despite giving tons of print space to LFC supporters fans group, the Spirit of Shankly. Everton's liaison officer Christine Prior also did not attend the meeting despite being invited to do so and apparently agreeing.

The minutes are in the Everton Board thread below, so as to keep this thread about the Echo and not have it going into other directions.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...rd-thread-2014-15.67767/page-233#post-3688417

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-league-love-hate-9698488

Have you ever read a more pathetic basis for an article than that...even in the Echo?

None for Liverpool by the way.

kin paper is a disgrace. A new piss take almost every day. So much for the revamp.

Shame we can't say what reporters we like and dislike. Did you see that bellends article about John Stones stats v John Terry stats. He well must have thought he was doing a Liverpool article

Shame we can't say what reporters we like and dislike. Did you see that bellends article about John Stones stats v John Terry stats. He well must have thought he was doing a Liverpool article

About the only one bearable on that paper is Phil Kirkbride.

The tone of the people on that paper is pretty cynical in their reporting of Everton. There's a sneering attitude to the club's position and a hostility to its fans. It's incredible.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../bill-kenwright-discusses-ill-health-9706653?

The echo deary me...copy and pasting from a Newcastle paper regarding an interview by BK to a non Liverpool paper.

Not only that but bill never speaks about ill health in the quotes but did ,nt stop the echo from using as a headline.

They go from bad to worse this lot.

It was also linked on Twitter saying he was talking about John Stones...they really have made a laughing stock of themselves this summer. Someone called them out on an interview with Osman that mostly talked about Liverpool last week. Their response was that they never conducted the interview, another paper did so they cant control the output. That is basically this Kenwright article too. The fact they even admit that 90% of their Everton content is lifted from somewhere else tells you all need to know.

Nothing changes. I did a summer placement there when I was at uni, so 2009. The Liverpool journalists were close to the players, the manager, the agents. The Everton ones never spoke to anyone at the club. It was interesting to see the parallels first hand as both of us lost an influential player that summer after a drawn out saga, Lescott with us, Alonso at Liverpool. I was actually there the day that news broke that Alonso had put in a transfer request to leave. Alonso's agent had called up the LFC writer and told him to release it. They had the exclusive, Sky Sports and every other news agency were ringing the Echo for the quotes. By comparison, I asked around if anybody knew anything concrete about Lescott, as it had been silent from our end all summer. The response? They hadnt talked to anyone from the club all summer. Our team were out in America for pre season, and every Everton journo was in the office. Liverpool had sent a lad out to all of theirs on tour with the team. My last day coincided with the Malaga pre season game at Goodison, so as a thank you, they sorted me out with a free press pass for the game, chance to sit in on Moyes post match press conference and stuff. I was like a kid at Christmas, met Kevin Sheedy, got to ask Moyes a question etc. The Everton reporter left before Moyes came out. The quotes in the Echo the next morning were lifted from the nationals.

I'be not clicked on an Echo link for ages but gave in to read an article about Gary Naismith with us playing Hearts tomorrow. In the article the published the below pic with the caption (I'm not posting the link!).....

"Gary Naysmith was never afraid to get stuck in for the Blues - even against Steven Gerrard"

What the [Poor language removed] is wrong with these nobs? lol

naysmith.jpg

I think it's a rag to be honest. Barely any coverage of Everton in the paper and the articles they do print are laughable like that one they print that based on math, EFC belongs in 11th place or that pathetic, hastily written column Dave Prentice wrote about the comments Lukaku's agent said about Everton. To me after reading that sorry excuse of a journalistic piece, you just reinforced Lukaku's people why he should leave in the future.

And yeah, never any articles being critical of the board or any attempts to put pressure on them because they either don't care or don't want them to succeed for the obvious reasons.

O' Keefe, Welsh, Beesley etc. All trash and there's no reason to read that garbage going forward.

I'be not clicked on an Echo link for ages but gave in to read an article about Gary Naismith with us playing Hearts tomorrow. In the article the published the below pic with the caption (I'm not posting the link!).....

"Gary Naysmith was never afraid to get stuck in for the Blues - even against Steven Gerrard"

naysmith.jpg

tumblr_mdhe5neDaX1qdlrn2o3_250.gif

naysmith.jpg

They're all Kopites mate.

Utter beauts.

Plus. Its NEVER THEIR FAULT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back