Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Echo & Radio City together, is there anything worse?

Everyone listen to the belters on City Talk in the mornings doing the sports bits. They positively take the pi$$.

They even tell you that they are taking the pi$$ too. The woman who did this mornings bit even said she hasnt a clue what all the fuss is about with us and the RedEcho.

CIaLY5rWUAAtXuC.jpg

...you're welcome.

EVERTON COVERAGE

I am happy to admit we have lost our way a little bit. We strive to offer the same level of coverage to Blues as we do to Reds and we have worked hard over the last few weeks to improve our processes to ensure this.

We get the message loud and clear that we need ask the difficult questions of Everton’s board in the same way we do of Liverpool's.

Cant wait to see the new hard hitting Everton coverage...and seeing is believing.

Last edited:

It comes down to whether you want to catch up with Everton news and read the local news too (and just ignore RS stuff). If you're just after Everton news then there's plenty of other avenues to find it! GOT being top of the list obviously!!

So the BIG changes with The Echo are from Monday then ? Editor Machray must have allowed his Deputy Head of Sport, Dave Prentice one last blast of patronising non sensical drivel with his page today educating and informing us ignorant Blues in headlines that ...

Second coming of Curran not likely with jink king Gerard....
which is then transposed in the online version (same article) with a different slant to... Prentice: Deulofeu must avoid echoes of past wingman Terry Curran.

Worse still, the first paragraph..
Not everyone, it seems, is thrilled by the Blues capture of Gerard Deulofeu.
“Aspas kept Deulofeu out of the Sevilla side last season and Aiden McGeady will do the same next year for Everton. He’s a puddle of runny sh***” tweeted one man crudely but colourfully.
The comment was either a lone voice, or a wind up, as is often the case on the social media maelstrom that is Twitter.
Or maybe, just maybe, the poster remembered the curious case of Terry Curran.
If so, Evertonians will be hoping that this case has a very different outcome.

The article goes on about Terry Curran/us/loans etc. A full page article based on an obvious RS WUM on twitter. This from the grandson in law of Dixie Dean. The second words "off".

Welcome to the site but please obey the no swearing rule, thank you
build a bonfire build a bonfire
put the echo at the top
put the red [Poor language removed] in the middle
and burn the [Poor language removed] lot

"I am happy to admit we have lost our way a little bit. We strive to offer the same level of coverage to Blues as we do to Reds and we have worked hard over the last few weeks to improve our processes to ensure this."

I no longer live in Liverpool and as a consequence haven't wiped my botty with that rag in decades.

"Happy" indeed...

Prentice has hit a new low by quoting a LFC fan's anti-Deulofeu tweet and pretending an Everton fan isn't happy with his signing.

Pretty disgraceful journalistic 'ethics' that.

The twitter in question is: https://goo.gl/6LIzWs

Billy ‏@BillyBeanpole84 Jun 18
Aspas kept Deulofeu out of the Sevilla side an Aiden McGeedy will do the same next year for everton. Hes a puddle of runny *****

I wouldn't mind, the lad even has the European Cup in his bloody Twitter header and Luis Suarez 'wallpaper' on his account!

CIaLY5rWUAAtXuC.jpg

...you're welcome.

Cant wait to see the new hard hitting Everton coverage...and seeing is believing.

Unless there is a change of personnel can't see it being much different there will still be the old negative emphasis on us. It needs more than a change of attitude and ideology.

Unless there is a change of personnel can't see it being much different there will still be the old negative emphasis on us. It needs more than a change of attitude and ideology.
I expect nothing from them mate. They'll trundle along as per, churning out the usual cap doffing articles to the Everton board and completely ignoring their mis-managemant for another trophy-less, stadium-less, investment-lite decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back