Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm predicting an early Everton red card for a nothing tackle (coupled with some Oscar winning play acting). Also nailed on for a dodgy penalty to try to 'even up' for the spurs game. This game to be one of the most one sided refereeing performances of all time (only without the 2 weeks of pure fume in the media).
Wow. you got that so right …. This has to be stopped though. absolutely criminal how Matip stays on the pitch .. most blatant example of a cheating ref i have ever seen !!!

Some people need a reality check. Their wage bill is two to three times the size of ours. Our squad has not been properly invested in for several years. We are lucky to be in the league. If we try and stand toe to toe away from home against a side like the RS we will get humiliated.

Yesterday we were very close to a valuable point. They did not look like scoring until the pen. With 11 men or if Konate had been removed we had a great chance of getting something. We actually had some great situations on the break that came to nothing because the player involved (mainly Doucore) was too limited to make a relatively simple pass.

We go into the next game without our confidence being too damaged. Until we are on solid footing with our finances/ownership it is simply about the survival of the football club. We are completely handicapped compared to nearly all our peers
There is one person primarily responsible for the situation you have outlined and his refusal to act in the best interests of the club has led to that situation.

Some people need a reality check. Their wage bill is two to three times the size of ours. Our squad has not been properly invested in for several years. We are lucky to be in the league. If we try and stand toe to toe away from home against a side like the RS we will get humiliated.

Yesterday we were very close to a valuable point. They did not look like scoring until the pen. With 11 men or if Konate had been removed we had a great chance of getting something. We actually had some great situations on the break that came to nothing because the player involved (mainly Doucore) was too limited to make a relatively simple pass.

We go into the next game without our confidence being too damaged. Until we are on solid footing with our finances/ownership it is simply about the survival of the football club. We are completely handicapped compared to nearly all our peers
The gulf between us and them is as big as it’s ever been, so I don’t get wound up by the inevitable decisions they get every time we play them anymore.

Like every game, you still want us to compete. Yes, we cannot go toe to toe with them, but we needed to make life harder for them and I think taking off both Harrison and McNeil was a mistake because there was no-one to put crosses in which Calvert Lwein could have tried to muscle Van Dyke or Konate more.
On the occasions we got into their half, the lack of outlet just sees Doucoure’s lack of brain power as he dribbles towards his team mate instead of playing the ball early

I didn’t bother with watching last night. Early night instead.

Should I bother watching the repeat this morning?? Advice brethren please.
I stayed up in NZ and watched until 3am and I'm glad I did. I saw more fight in this game than in a long time. No real quality in the Everton side but they fought all the way and, as you will have read elsewhere, where cheated out of the game. Really good performances from Mykolenko, Braithwaite and Pickford and unlucky for McNeil and Harrison to be taken off. Having said that, I couldn't watch it again today, I'd end up throwing something at the screen. Liverpool were clueless.

I stayed up in NZ and watched until 3am and I'm glad I did. I saw more fight in this game than in a long time. No real quality in the Everton side but they fought all the way and, as you will have read elsewhere, where cheated out of the game. Really good performances from Mykolenko, Braithwaite and Pickford and unlucky for McNeil and Harrison to be taken off. Having said that, I couldn't watch it again today, I'd end up throwing something at the screen. Liverpool were clueless.
As in later post I did watch the repeat this morning.

Reckon NZ have the WC! The real final was NZ v Ireland. We threw that away with the terrible first 25 minutes.

The gulf between us and them is as big as it’s ever been, so I don’t get wound up by the inevitable decisions they get every time we play them anymore.

Like every game, you still want us to compete. Yes, we cannot go toe to toe with them, but we needed to make life harder for them and I think taking off both Harrison and McNeil was a mistake because there was no-one to put crosses in which Calvert Lwein could have tried to muscle Van Dyke or Konate more.
On the occasions we got into their half, the lack of outlet just sees Doucoure’s lack of brain power as he dribbles towards his team mate instead of playing the ball early

I hear you but I don't think Harrison and McNeil were good enough even when we had 11 men so I can see why Dyche hooked them. The plan was actually working well but the mistake was in the fact he brought on Keane.

I'm fed up to the back teeth of all these pundits saying the ref made a mistake. Making the same mistake over and over again is classified as madness. They're not mistakes, it's cheating or bottling it or whatever you wanna call it. They're hiding behind the word, mistake!
Well at least they highlighted it (given the absence of any RS pundits)

We were down to 10 men and looked far more comfortable after the changes. It took a fortunate pen

Status
Not open for further replies.