Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Young was rightly sent off, braindead to make that second challenge on a yellow.
Konate should have been sent off, but i still dont think it would have made a difference.
Once again in a big game we have offered zero going forward. One chance for Dom after 30 seconds where he should score. XG was 0.12, thats the issue again, not the red cards!

Voted for Branthwaite he was deeply impressive in eveything he did yesterday,Tarkowski,Mykolenko equally very good,far from our best yesterday but was keeping Liverpool out relatively easy with 10 men and has the referee done his job and sent konate off we’d have had an excellent chance of a very good point, the way we lost we could have all predicted ,tsimikas made at least 4 fouls in the first 25 mins not one yellow ,our first two fouls both yellows,the ref made a hard task an impossible one ,and it’s frankly corrupt watching it like that

Young was rightly sent off, braindead to make that second challenge on a yellow.
Konate should have been sent off, but i still dont think it would have made a difference.
Once again in a big game we have offered zero going forward. One chance for Dom after 30 seconds where he should score. XG was 0.12, thats the issue again, not the red cards!

Agree we were poor up front I think 10v 10 we stand an excellent chance of a point ,Liverpool weren’t getting clear cut chances

You can't really say it wouldn't have made a difference when we go down to 10 men on 30mins.

By team, im assuming you mean first 11.

Which of the 11 do you think are poor?
We don't have a single top half fullback imo. Tarkowski is a bottom half centreback as proved throughout his entire career. You could argue the same for McNeil and Harrison to be honest although I think both are decent enough. Garner has had a few good premier league games in his career to date. There is potential but he has a lot to prove.

I'm struggling to see the 6 good players you've found.

Pickford who you want to sell
DCL though he's only been fit for a handful of games in 2 years
Branthwaite has stacks of potential but he's a few games into his premier league career
Doucoure isn't a good player. He's doing a job because of Dyche-ball and would look terrible in most other systems
Onana has potential but he needs to step up to be considered good. He wouldn't get into most top half first 11's no matter how many stats you want to provide.

And of course, in 2023 the first team means little as it's a squad game and our squad has the depth of a puddle.

We're poor and 3 managers in a row have shown that

Let’s be honest we were getting battered before young got his second yellow and the game was actually suiting them more as we were wide open .we weren’t getting anything either way as we’re light years behind sadly
Ofc they have the better team but we did have atracks when we just lacked the right pass or held on to the ball to long. The team defended well yesterday we still would have lost the game if 10 v 10. But i was happy with the team showed some fight yesterday and i have called this squad out. For not being mentally tough enough to stand up when we need them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back