Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth. They did very well, especially Mykolenko, Tarkowski, Onana and Branthwaite. Kept Liverpool's £500 side easily at arm's reach and required intervention from the officials to break us down. Shame about the negative manager as those two changes were completely unnecessary. One of them, yes, but no need to bring Keane on, as that's just saying you expect a concede - and 10 men, officials against us and expecting to concede = lose.

People blame the team / players and call it poor. But it isnt poor if the right team is picked with the right tactics.

We have half a dozen good players and others around mid table level.

The manager is the issue.

People blame the team / players and call it poor. But it isnt poor if the right team is picked with the right tactics.

The manager is part of the problem but this is a poor team. This squad is unfit for purpose. Luckily (hopefully) some of the other absolute dross in the league will be enough to keep us up.

The manager is part of the problem but this is a poor team. This squad is unfit for purpose. Luckily (hopefully) some of the other absolute dross in the league will be enough to keep us up.

By team, im assuming you mean first 11.

Which of the 11 do you think are poor?

I'm predicting an early Everton red card for a nothing tackle (coupled with some Oscar winning play acting). Also nailed on for a dodgy penalty to try to 'even up' for the spurs game. This game to be one of the most one sided refereeing performances of all time (only without the 2 weeks of pure fume in the media).
Sad that this was so predictable

Last edited:
I think we have 5-6 really crap players, 1-2 really good ones, and the best mid-table standard. We should easily be safe this season, but the manager will have us taking fewer points than we should through his negativity imo.

I'm 41 and moving further and further away from football. Say this cos I spent time with my young family today and decided not to watch the game. Knew of the key points before watching the highlights.

Didn't show Young first yellow, nor Konate foul, and Jim Beglin saying how the pen was nailed on. It just empathised me why I don't bother. The media, the refs, the love in with Liverpool, what's the point?
Also said Dyche received a yellow because he 'continued moaning and did not want to shut up'...

Some people need a reality check. Their wage bill is two to three times the size of ours. Our squad has not been properly invested in for several years. We are lucky to be in the league. If we try and stand toe to toe away from home against a side like the RS we will get humiliated.

Yesterday we were very close to a valuable point. They did not look like scoring until the pen. With 11 men or if Konate had been removed we had a great chance of getting something. We actually had some great situations on the break that came to nothing because the player involved (mainly Doucore) was too limited to make a relatively simple pass.

We go into the next game without our confidence being too damaged. Until we are on solid footing with our finances/ownership it is simply about the survival of the football club. We are completely handicapped compared to nearly all our peers

I think we have 5-6 really crap players, 1-2 really good ones, and the best mid-table standard. We should easily be safe this season, but the manager will have us taking fewer points than we should through his negativity imo.
Agree, it's ashamed as thus squad has played well in key genes this season and last season.

On a seperate note perhaps Everton haven't yet, or won't challenge PGMOl, duevti attracting more heat, in view of the FFP, review.

Quite clearly the pathetic excuse if a referee, yesterday was by his actions a significant contribution to Everton losing the game.

Incredible how when the RS play basket ball in their defence, thet turn a blind eye.

Anyway, tge start of a new week, snd fresh hope, and I believe Everton will beat West Ham.

UTFTs!

I'm predicting an early Everton red card for a nothing tackle (coupled with some Oscar winning play acting). Also nailed on for a dodgy penalty to try to 'even up' for the spurs game. This game to be one of the most one sided refereeing performances of all time (only without the 2 weeks of pure fume in the media).
Have you got next week's lottery numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back