Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
first post here kids!
the derby this weekend has so many possibilities here
i just think we can sniff something here
like a draw maybe - they DONT like early starts and as long as we dont concede first.....
they have robertson out with shoulder injury - big threat to us big miss for them
jota also out that guy scores goals for fun - big miss for them
maquieira also out imjured good midfielder for them
gakpo also out
normally derby away game i wdnt give us a chance but maybe just maybe.....

they can play any of they’re team and still beat us

it’s how many they’ll get.

wish i could disappear for the weekend

they can play any of they’re team and still beat us

it’s how many they’ll get.

wish i could disappear for the weekend
i totally get that every time we play at anfield but its just the fact we have a little form and harrison has injected some quality in there and experience and dcl is back -
they dont like playing early doors - i honetly think we are getting something here coyb

i totally get that every time we play at anfield but its just the fact we have a little form and harrison has injected some quality in there and experience and dcl is back -
they dont like playing early doors - i honetly think we are getting something here coyb
Me too.

Dom scores at 3’ and it’s a basketball game, end to end for 90- ends up something like 4-4

positive preview here for once - not good!

Expect entertainment in Merseyside derby​

Another weekend in the dreaded early Saturday slot means Liverpool supporters will be anticipating another slow start.
In their last 12:30 game they were a goal down within seven minutes at Wolves and needed a dramatic formation change, to an all-out 4-2-4, to turn it around.
Wolves v Liverpool match momentum

Everton are savvier than Wolves and, counter-attacking down the wings through Dwight McNeil and Jack Harrison, they have the right tactical plan to cause some problems.
It won’t exactly be a repeat of Everton’s 5-1 win at Brighton last season, when they sat deep and counter-punched the high line, but the style of the game could be similar.
That is especially true if Liverpool don’t race out of the blocks, because an already-porous central midfield will be made to look even worse if that is the case.
Liverpool are allowing 41.3 progressive passes per game in 2023/24, a huge increase on their average of 29.0 the previous year, while their progressive carries against has risen from 13.3 to 19.8 per match.
In other words, opponents are finding it too easy to breeze through the lines, especially in the wide areas where Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andrew Robertson continue to look a little unsure in their new positions.
Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andrew Robertson are performing well on attacking metrics but falling short defensively

Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andrew Robertson are performing well on attacking metrics but falling short defensively
Alexander-Arnold is often caught scrambling back from central midfield to right-back while Robertson, nominally part of a back three, still occasionally roams forward, leaving Liverpool light on numbers in the transition.
Robertson will miss this game - and several more besides - with a shoulder injury but his likely replacement Konstantinos Tsimikas is of a similar ilk.
Sean Dyche’s direct football is perfect to take advantage of this: 8.7% of Everton’s passes this season are classed as progressive - a forward pass that attempts to advance a team significantly closer to the opponent’s goal.
That is the Premier League's second-highest figure behind Luton Town (11.4%).
Dominic Calvert-Lewin, with three goals in his last four, will be the target as long balls are aimed towards the shaky Virgil van Dijk, with the second balls to be picked up by Dwight McNeil and summer signing Jack Harrison.
Harrison, with a goal and an assist on his full debut against Bournemouth a fortnight ago, completes Everton’s front three.
The stars show how much more efficient Everton has been at putting their chances away in the past three games

The stars show how much more efficient Everton has been at putting their chances away in the past three games
All of a sudden Dyche’s side are able to put their chances away, scoring nine in their last four in all competitions, and with an xGF (Expected Goals For) figure of 14.7 this season (just 0.2 short of Manchester City), Liverpool should be concerned by their rivals’ goalscoring threat on the break.
On the other hand, Everton have only kept a single clean sheet this season and there is very little speed in their back four, which should encourage the likes of Darwin Nunez and Mohamed Salah.
For that reason alone Jurgen Klopp will expect to simply outscore Everton in an uncharacteristically entertaining Merseyside derby. But the visitors’ threat is far greater than it might at first appear.

We need to be solid, and when we win the ball back make those first couple of passes count to get ourselves on the counter.
Do that and we have a chance.

But we’ve all been here before…

Status
Not open for further replies.