Match Thread Liverpool vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At lot of the problem is that as usual liverpool have massively raised their game against us. They will be rubbish again next week. We cant keep hold of the ball or win any second balls to build any pressure. Need a serious kick up the arse / hairdryer at HT.

dyche can i only do so much

we knew we was getting beat before kckk off

Haven't seen him do anything mate he's literally jogged around the entire 1st half.

At least Maupay will buy a few free kicks from playing the game and King Salaman would have held the ball up and brought the midfield into play even if his legs have largely gone.

I'm aware I'm praising Simms for doing the bare minimum. Which is win some headers and hold the ball up sometimes.

Maupay wouldn't even come close to doing these things. Simms is our best option, he's young and it's like his second appearance for us. So I'm cutting him some slack.

It looks to me like he didn't even know Salah was there and he was focusing on Gakpo.

I said the same to my son, they're rapid on the counter yet we weren't ready for it. That's really poor organisation.

BUT Mcneill has to be doing far more whwn the ball lands at his feet, its a feeble, timid effort
I wanted Simms to dive on it if he had to, and McNeil isn't showered in glory either, weird thing is he gets that much on it it pings out double lively and takes so many of us by surprise as they set of sprinting. Cost of pushing all the big guys up if it breaks at speed they're out of the equation.

It looks to me like he didn't even know Salah was there and he was focusing on Gakpo.

I said the same to my son, they're rapid on the counter yet we weren't ready for it. That's really poor organisation.

BUT Mcneill has to be doing far more whwn the ball lands at his feet, its a feeble, timid effort
the only way I can figure out what he was doing was trying to put it in a dangerous area. But even then it was so weak

Think that midfield three is solid without the ball but when we get the ball there’s nothing happening- hard to know where they’re meant to pass the ball. There’s nothing ahead of them and the wide midfielders are hiding.

It’s criminal we’ve been left with the attacking options we have. Actually weaker than we were a month ago and in the thick of a relegation scrap with a team that was already struggling to score.

Probably wouldn’t have made a difference in this singular game like, but the lack of any kind of threat we pose is startling.
There wont be a big fight. Southampton and Everton are going down. The third will be Leeds or Bournemouth.

It’s criminal we’ve been left with the attacking options we have. Actually weaker than we were a month ago and in the thick of a relegation scrap with a team that was already struggling to score.

Probably wouldn’t have made a difference in this singular game like, but the lack of any kind of threat we pose is startling.
Remember when we were promised a striker? Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back