2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is evidence that Digne is a good professional and there is evidence that Benitez is someone who regularly falls out with players.

I know who's story I believe. And it's not the person who deliberately chose to hang a player out to dry publicly. Digne should be allowed to leave because his treatment has been shoddy.

One person started it.

And it wasn't Digne.

One person started it.

And it wasn't Digne.

I had no issue with dropping Digne if he thought his form was poor, because he wasn't at his best. But stick him on the bench then, considering we have zero defensive cover at full back. He couldn't just leave the player out, he had to have a public fall out because it's all about the confrontation and asserting his ego with Benitez. It's shoddy management, and not the sort of management I'd want to work under. It's a style from a different era, and rightly or wrongly, the game has changed and the mentality of footballers has changed.

And if you hang someone's mate out to dry, then don't be surprised if you lose a lot of the rest of the squad too. There is plenty of evidence Digne was popular in the group, so I doubt they are impressed. And I go back to the key point - do we really want a squad who are all happy and no questioning tactics after 5 points from 30?

I had no issue with dropping Digne if he thought his form was poor, because he wasn't at his best. But stick him on the bench then, considering we have zero defensive cover at full back. He couldn't just leave the player out, he had to have a public fall out because it's all about the confrontation and asserting his ego with Benitez. It's shoddy management, and not the sort of management I'd want to work under. It's a style from a different era, and rightly or wrongly, the game has changed and the mentality of footballers has changed.

Yep.

See Jose.

Who knows what's going on here but clearly the relationship between manager and player is broken. What is utterly bizarre from a business point of view is Benitez and the club laying this all out in public, it knocks five maybe ten million off of his price. If you were a buying club and were watching all of this play out would you put in a high bid or would you lowball us for a player disillusioned with his current club and a manager who doesn't want to play him? This is lose lose for EFC, just say he's injured and sell him for as much as possible in the next window, don't cut off your nose to spite your face, ffs. We're an absolute shambles
Starting to think he is an agent of the reds. This doesn’t make sense to slate Digne in public.

I think this all comes down to who to beli

It boils down to who you believe, do you believe a millionaire footballer who wants to play better football or do you believe a millionaire football manager who plays with no intent on attacking football, do you believe a millionaire footballer who left the best team in the world to play more football and is totally respectful of the fans,or do you believe a millionaire manager who disregards what the paying fans want,. And finally, do you believe a millionaire footballer who went out onto the streets to help victims of a terrorist attack or do you believe a millionaire football manager who in his late 50s chose to leave his family behind and went to a country that has the most appalling human rights in the world, working for government backed billionaires so he can become an even richer millionaire! I KNOW WHICH ONE I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE!!!!
I dont belive a player who's using excuses to be transfer listed and wants out and is refusing to pull on that blue shirt when he's not injured.

I dont belive a player who's using excuses to be transfer listed and wants out and is refusing to pull on that blue shirt when he's not injured.
Where is your evidence the player is refusing to play ?

All we've seen is the manager exclude him from 2 squads and now say he is ill - presumably so he doesnt have to field questions why he is not in the squad.

Where is your evidence the player is refusing to play ?

All we've seen is the manager exclude him from 2 squads and now say he is ill - presumably so he doesnt have to field questions why he is not in the squad.
The manager has told you he trained well enough, then decided he doesn't want to play against Chelsea.

He doesn't play again now.

If you like Digne, then remember his last game with fondness - because it WAS his last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back