2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wouldn't put the Stones we sold in ahead of Keane, Mina, Godfrey or Holgate I know you're lying just to save face.
To be honest Nymzee - I can't even really remember what Stones was like for us (apart from telling fans to calm down after another Cruyff turn in his own box)

You can't deny that we received far and above what he was worth though - That deal was far too good to turn down

I actually think Mina is a really good defender, just cannot be relied on

The defender (s) we currently need at the club are all of the unfashionable, reliable ones we've had over the years - the Weir, Stubbs, Jagielka, Lescott, Gough types. We certainly don't need any more defenders who think of defending as being just a little bit too unsexy for themselves.

Thank you - judging by what you've said, I think it's clearly worth the risk. If it doesn't work then he's still a saleable asset at 30 and 40+ caps for France, and we've got Targett as a back up in any case. We're extremely lucky with our owners right now being rich and wanting the project to succeed.
The risk is the wages really. No one is buying him at 30+ and paying the wage you're reportedly offering. It is why we really struggled to get rid of some our earners.

I still see this dragging on to the last minute where we end up loaning him because we need money so badly. We have no bargaining power here because everyone knows we have already spent the money we hoped to bring in for selling him, and that the player has no future under Benitez. Why would you not drag this out and wait for us to lower our demands.
Digne is dragging it out as our next home match is against Villa and he’s petrified of the Park End da’s.

Thank you - judging by what you've said, I think it's clearly worth the risk. If it doesn't work then he's still a saleable asset at 30 and 40+ caps for France, and we've got Targett as a back up in any case. We're extremely lucky with our owners right now being rich and wanting the project to succeed.

Hopefully from your point of view, you dont do an Everton and end up in a mess! If it doesnt work out you will struggle to get him off the wage bill

Barkley on loan at Villa was the oddest season for a player I've seen in a long long time.

When he first joined he was an absolute Rolls Royce of a player, big part of the 7-2 Liverpool drubbing, winner vs Leicester A - and then he picked up an injury taking a corner and was - genuinely - a complete waste of a shirt from then onwards. It was like we were playing with ten men. I think he'd be great if he were to go back to you and stay fit IMO - the connection and the spotlight could fit nicely, as long as you could get over the way he left.
Wasn't he in with the rumours about Grealish and his problems and that's why he wasn't played

Nope. Ffp breach (which no club has been stupid enough to do... yet) is expected to be a points deduction.
I think the club are in talks with the league about it. Hence our reduced spending to show them we are addressing it. I also think once we can take off stadium costs and factor in COVID-19 we aren't that far over.

To be honest Nymzee - I can't even really remember what Stones was like for us (apart from telling fans to calm down after another Cruyff turn in his own box)

You can't deny that we received far and above what he was worth though - That deal was far too good to turn down

I actually think Mina is a really good defender, just cannot be relied on

The defender (s) we currently need at the club are all of the unfashionable, reliable ones we've had over the years - the Weir, Stubbs, Jagielka, Lescott, Gough types. We certainly don't need any more defenders who think of defending as being just a little bit too unsexy for themselves.

So yes, we did miss Stones.

If we can get for him £25-30 K ,cheers pal , it was a pleasure, now you can f… all and play for the manager that you adore and club that you always dream about , never trust one single player they are all selfish bast….. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back