2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Stones is an old fashioned leader of a defender? lol

At the moment we miss 50% of the players we've had over the past 20 years - that's the sort of grim position we find ourselves in

I never said he was? I think you're getting confused with what I'm saying.

If a player we sold would start for our current side at the level we sold them then that means they weren't replaced and are missed. Below are all players that get knifed by fans thinking we didn't miss them. Same with Digne once he's gone.

Lukaku? Sort of replaced if DCL can mirror last season.
Gana? Never replaced.
Stones? Never replaced.
Barkley? Transitional attacking/centre mid never replaced.

I never said he was? I think you're getting confused with what I'm saying.

If a player we sold would start for our current side at the level we sold them then that means they weren't replaced and are missed. Below are all players that get knifed by fans thinking we didn't miss them. Same with Digne once he's gone.

Lukaku? Sort of replaced if DCL can mirror last season.
Gana? Never replaced.
Stones? Never replaced.
Barkley? Transitional attacking/centre mid never replaced.

By the same people who slated them when they were playing here though.

Loads were always on Lukaku's back, first touch, bottled big games greedy etc. Inevitably the same people are going to say we won't miss him/we'll spread the goals around etc.

What sort of money are we getting?

And will it allow us to get a midfield player this window?

There are also about 5 others who need to go this window, much more than Digne.

More than 5...

Digne
Mina
Keane
Holgate
Davies
Gomes
Iwobi
Gbamin
Allan

Not including the oldies or those whose contracts expire in summer.

We selling him because we need the money for ffp. Apart from dcl or richarluson we have no one else to sell

Ive listed them above.

We didn't need to go and spend £17m on a left-back...

We're selling him because him and the manager don't see eye to eye and to boot, the money will be useful off the books, yes.

So why doesn't the club just be truthful about that?

We did have money available this window without a sale, we'll now just have a little bit more. Not that much, though. We've already spent more than we'll get for Digne, but his wages off the books will be handy for P&S

This seems to have really gotten to you.

If it's £25m and c.£160k a week that's honestly a superb deal for him and for us.

Villa wont pay him that, only the geordies.

£25mil is ok but £30mil would have been good.

By the same people who slated them when they were playing here though.

Loads were always on Lukaku's back, first touch, bottled big games greedy etc. Inevitably the same people are going to say we won't miss him/we'll spread the goals around etc.

That's true but still find it funny how many people have popped up to start discrediting Digne's Everton career. He was a top left-back and should be remembered as one.

That's true but still find it funny how many people have popped up to start discrediting Digne's Everton career. He was a top left-back and should be remembered as one.

I think the majority are saying he was great, but has been well below par for a long time now. Since around Christmas under Ancelotti.

I agree with that.

Early days he was seen as a great Baines replacement.

Now? Most would surely agree he's not in the same league as him.

If I'm Digne, I'm be wanting a move to a team like Chelsea, Napoli, Inter Milan. He'd look a lot better player in a team that attacks more than it defends.
If you look at our average possession this season, that's never going to compliment Digne. I think he and his agent know that, as does Benitez.

It’s because Rafael has done a Boris Johnson and managed to turn the situation in his favour, despite causing all the issues.
The fact he upset Digne by telling him he didn’t want him to attack so much and took him off free kicks, to then put Mykolenko on free kicks and try to push him to attack, shows it was personal.
Digne has been average for a while but no worse than most of the team. I have no issue if the manager wants to sell a player, but I think he’s been a bit of a ship house about it.

I think the majority are saying he was great, but has been well below par for a long time now. Since around Christmas under Ancelotti.

I agree with that.

Early days he was seen as a great Baines replacement.

Now? Most would surely agree he's not in the same league as him.

If I'm Digne, I'm be wanting a move to a team like Chelsea, Napoli, Inter Milan. He'd look a lot better player in a team that attacks more than it defends.
If you look at our average possession this season, that's never going to compliment Digne. I think he and his agent know that, as does Benitez.

Well he was never at Baines level for me even when Digne was on top form but no shame in that Baines is one of the best in PL history. I hope fans appreciate Digne for what he did when he was here - agree he was poor from Christmas but so have all players since really. There's only one suitable outcome for Everton, Digne & Benitez and we just have to hope the new lad doesn't have too much pressure on himself to perform instantly (we know he does from the embarrassing thread during Hull).

He’s been a good player for us, but to me he was another one of our defenders who couldn’t defend that well! The way the team has been set up might not have helped him, but I’ve always been worried when a quick player ran at him, Villa away being a good example! However, he was reportedly in demand over a year ago, and the terrible way Rafael has handled this has cost us a chunk of £, we couldn’t afford to pass up. Good luck to Digne, even though it looks like he’s off to play for Slippy Steve!

I love Digne, probably the only one on the team atm I like anymore. It's sad to see it coming to this, that he's getting pushed out by someone who should never have been brought in to begin with.

But, on the whole, it's a system we have to use a hell of a lot better. Sell players at their peak, get in replacements. Just wish it could have been a lot more amicable than the way the FSW did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back