2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt he will be excellent for Villa, they have signed a French internation right at his peak age, which is 28 btw.

If its closer to £30 million then I suppose its a good deal for us looking at book profit allowing us to improve in other areas, Patterson & Mykalenko.

I just wish we was not in this position, because even when DIgne was so called off form, was still a good player, put a shift in and always looked to care.

Many will re-write his time & form with us, but for most of his time with us we have ALL said he is as good or even better than Robertson / Chilwell, so lets not look like bitter divs.

Would still be happy if this falls through and outlasts the odious spanish bell.
Then what do we do with our new left back? And would you be happy to keep Digne for a couple more years into his 30’s and leaving on a free. In the meantime to raise funds and comply with the rules, we will have to sell Pickford or DCL

I have no doubt he will be excellent for Villa, they have signed a French internation right at his peak age, which is 28 btw.

If its closer to £30 million then I suppose its a good deal for us looking at book profit allowing us to improve in other areas, Patterson & Mykalenko.

I just wish we was not in this position, because even when DIgne was so called off form, was still a good player, put a shift in and always looked to care.

Many will re-write his time & form with us, but for most of his time with us we have ALL said he is as good or even better than Robertson / Chilwell, so lets not look like bitter divs.

Was going to say the same thing really. The one position we're the most short on and coped with it as he was that good a player.

If it was Richarlison, I'd be less worried. Attacking players easier to come by, we'd get a lot of money, and it's not like we'd win something with him anyway.

But our defence is appalling and we've got rid of one of our best defenders. Regardless of "reinvestment", its gonna hurt before it gets better imo

Also...it's good that he wants out rather than to sit on a paycheck like some players

He’s a good player no doubt and the tactics of both Ancelotti and Benitez haven’t helped him but running through the squad, there’s not a lot of players I’d be clamouring to keep hold of. Posters were not long ago criticising his performances under Ancelotti. I don’t think he’s in that indispensable bracket.

He was a very very good player and will suit a more attacking side like villa than our brand of slow non intense football. Watch him get his firm back there. Hopefully with some time his replacement will offer as much quality.

Hasn’t quite been himself for a while. Him and Coleman have been defensively quite poor with the former being bad at pretty much everything. 25 million quid sounds like a good deal to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back