2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mina and branthwaite would be a good pairing, we've just never seen them.

Mina and Godfrey would be another I'd like to see for a run of games ( I know, I know).

Mina plus any basically would be an improvement, but he's made of Weetabix sadly and is unreliable due to injury.
Any of them alongside Mina look better.
Holgate was being talked about as an England international when he was playing with Mina regularly.
On the flip side anyone playing with Keane regularly looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Bernard - Everton FC:

Gave him a lot of understanding and time off for his mental health issues
Paid him £100K pw for ten bob performances

...and he thinks it's the right thing to do to take pot shots at the club from afar.

This is the type of player culture that's buried us as a club.

Bollocks to him and his Hallmark Card writing mate Digne. And bollocks to that perenial no show James.

We are miles better off without their baggage. Players like those have bled this club dry to the point we fell foul of PFF and are now struggling to compete for players.

Anyone siding with them really need to look at themselves.
Bit rich for a guy swallowing all the crap the worst manager we've ever had is serving up.

Bernards comment on his post is also very telling

Clubs a mess from top to bottom. I can't see moral getting any better and we are going to be in a total dog fight to stay up these year.

It's hard to watch really. Literally nothing to look forward to regarding Everton.
I honestly feel like he's talking about someone else at the club. I think it's someone on the board hes referring too there. He was already on his way out before Rafael and wouldn't have spent any time under him

Is it though mate?

I mean, the fella was on an insane wage for a long time.

He refused to leave a few times, and was here about 10 minutes under Benitez.

The fan base have been screaming for a long time that the core of this squad are absolute wrong'uns and need giving the bum's rush.

Now I'm not necessary saying that's Digne, even if he did refuse to play for us against Chelsea - but I'm not going to start getting the violin out for Bernard.

One thing Benitez, and Ancelotti is absolutely spot on about is this team need a major shift in mentality.

Benitez just went one further with comments around wanting players who want to be here - something the fan base has been saying for a long time now.

There's a bit of a difference between a player not wanting to be at the club and a player feeling a particular manager isn't utilising them in the best way.

Digne literally signed a new contract less than a year ago. He WANTED to be here. He was frozen out by a manager who doesn't like anyone saying his tactics are old, outdated and generally crap.
But what manager would like that? We can't have any players that would undermine their manager. After all the disappointment and players on big bucks the thing at very least we need are team players that will work hard whoever the manager is.

You don't agree?

Gerrard told the club’s official site:

“When Lucas became available we jumped at the opportunity to bring him to the club.

“To sign a player of his pedigree and quality in the January window is a great addition to our squad and his arrival excites me and everyone associated with Aston Villa.”

Its to good to be true from his perspective, gloating and smug about doing us and us/his mate making his job easier.

Is this the Everton we all want?

But what manager would like that? We can't have any players that would undermine their manager. After all the disappointment and players on big bucks the thing at very least we need are team players that will work hard whoever the manager is.

You don't agree?
Him telling Benitez whatever he told him isn't undermining. It's saying "This isn't working, we really should try to do it a different way". If a manager in football can't take any criticism of how he sets up and has us play, he shouldn't be managing in football.

You don't agree?
It's a fair point. But then that managers tactics must get results. We shall await and see.

Gerrard told the club’s official site:

“When Lucas became available we jumped at the opportunity to bring him to the club.

“To sign a player of his pedigree and quality in the January window is a great addition to our squad and his arrival excites me and everyone associated with Aston Villa.”

Gloating and smug about doing us.

Is this the Everton we all want?
"Doing us in"? Do me a 'kin favour.

How long have we said that the club will be run well when we get the best out of a player's career then sell them on at a profit or break even?

THAT is exactly what's happened here.

Villa are the Everton of the Koeman and Brands era.

Him telling Benitez whatever he told him isn't undermining. It's saying "This isn't working, we really should try to do it a different way". If a manager in football can't take any criticism of how he sets up and has us play, he shouldn't be managing in football.

Alex Ferguson disagrees

Status
Not open for further replies.