2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him telling Benitez whatever he told him isn't undermining. It's saying "This isn't working, we really should try to do it a different way". If a manager in football can't take any criticism of how he sets up and has us play, he shouldn't be managing in football.

I'm amazed people cant see this, the skill of a manager, is man management, listening to concerns and managing them, discipline often comes into it if a boundary is crossed, the point is made, but you get the best of the player for the betterment of the club who pay you.

This manager let his own insecurities and pride, dictate what happened rather then the welfare of the club.

What was Cloughs famous line "A player would come to with me an opinion, wed discuss it for half an hour, then decide i was right" - i know it was a glib comment but shows how you bring people with you.

Last edited:
Bernards comment on his post is also very telling

Clubs a mess from top to bottom. I can't see moral getting any better and we are going to be in a total dog fight to stay up these year.

It's hard to watch really. Literally nothing to look forward to regarding Everton.
Don’t have Instagram, any chance you can copy paste or screenshot his comment to here?

Him telling Benitez whatever he told him isn't undermining. It's saying "This isn't working, we really should try to do it a different way". If a manager in football can't take any criticism of how he sets up and has us play, he shouldn't be managing in football.
Mate that is absolutely undermining. His job is ultimately to play the game how the coach wants. It's not a players job to criticise. It's the fans and pundits and the people above Benitez. No manager with respect would let a player try dictate his tactics.

"Doing us in"? Do me a 'kin favour.

How long have we said that the club will be run well when we get the best out of a player's career then sell them on at a profit or break even?

THAT is exactly what's happened here.

Villa are the Everton of the Koeman and Brands era.

The only ones smiling today mate are undercover Kopites, we've made their lives easier.

Enabling a little Kopite Cozy Cartel.

I'll say it again, there have been players putting in significantly worse performances than Digne on a consistent basis. The manager chose to make an example of him.

Which shows the others who is in charge. They either fall in line or they leave. Which is an idea Moshiri is behind too.

"Doing us in"? Do me a 'kin favour.

How long have we said that the club will be run well when we get the best out of a player's career then sell them on at a profit or break even?

THAT is exactly what's happened here.

Villa are the Everton of the Koeman and Brands era.
Not too sure about that, they bought mostly crap, slippy bought a decent one...in fact it was Brands who signed him

Mate that is absolutely undermining. His job is ultimately to play the game how the coach wants. It's not a players job to criticise. It's the fans and pundits and the people above Benitez. No manager with respect would let a player try dictate his tactics.
If a team hasn’t won for 10 games though its perfectly reasonable for an established player to question the tactics . I’m not saying calling him out but in sport , professional or otherwise, if something isn’t working then people particularly successful people aren’t automatons. They should be questioning tactics if they’re blatantly failing , and these are , the issue appears to be our manager can’t tolerate even the most trivial slight. If digne is exhibit A then the new Doucoure article is absolutely exhibit B in protecting his sensibilities.

In the current climate and taking the players form over the last couple of seasons into consideration I would say £25 M is a reasonable deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.