2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a team hasn’t won for 10 games though its perfectly reasonable for an established player to question the tactics . I’m not saying calling him out but in sport , professional or otherwise, if something isn’t working then people particularly successful people aren’t automatons. They should be questioning tactics if they’re blatantly failing , and these are , the issue appears to be our manager can’t tolerate even the most trivial slight. If digne is exhibit A then the new Doucoure article is absolutely exhibit B in protecting his sensibilities.

From Raffa's meltdown press conference last week, you get the idea Digne went to him to say "I can create for the team, look at last season, let me do what I can do".

Raffa wasn't having that. Binned. Created a idea that Digne was against Everton (constantly saying he wasn't a team player to a point he brought Peter Reids name into the mix).

Neither were going to back down (results didn't improve btw). Digne has taken the first chance to leave.

Bigger man walked away imo.

To be fair, there's a difference between wanting to be here and wanting to be here under Benitez. There's certainly a difference going to Goodison to watch a match and going to Goodison to watch a match this year, it's horrible going there hoping you can scrape a point against the likes of Brighton and I was really looking forward to being allowed back in after last season.

Best put in a transfer request then mate and get to Aston Villa lol

Digne literally signed a new contract less than a year ago. He WANTED to be here. He was frozen out by a manager who doesn't like anyone saying his tactics are old, outdated and generally crap.

My post was with regards to Bernard. 'Now I'm not necessary saying that's Digne, even if he did refuse to play for us against Chelsea - but I'm not going to start getting the violin out for Bernard'

I'm sure Digne on 128k a week or whatever it was when he signed his deal was more than happy to be here.

There's a bit of a difference between a player not wanting to be at the club and a player feeling a particular manager isn't utilising them in the best way.

So, we bring in managers that blow smoke up all the players arse?

Or managers who will play as the players prefer?

Or managers who give the players extra personal leave?

What have we been so successful at during the past 10 years that we need to retain?

What has this group of players been so successful at the past few years that we need to retain?

Managers way > players way.

Same with any manager whether we like it or not.

My post was with regards to Bernard. 'Now I'm not necessary saying that's Digne, even if he did refuse to play for us against Chelsea - but I'm not going to start getting the violin out for Bernard'

I'm sure Digne on 128k a week or whatever it was when he signed his deal was more than happy to be here.

What have we been so successful at during the past 10 years that we need to retain?

What has this group of players been so successful at the past few years that we need to retain?

Indeed. My hope is that when Benitez leaves, we'll have a leaner squad on more reasonable wages, with a few young players with potential for the next guy to work with, rather than the manager having his hands tied behind his back.

We also have no idea about how exactly their disagreement played out, so it's all speculation. But I'll just add to the voices pointing out that there is a LOT of space in between allowing a player question your tactics and booting them out of the club. Great leaders find that right sweet spot. Maybe we wouldn't have gotten the same money if we'd sold Digne in the summer; who knows. But this has made us a worse team in the short term. And with a manager who has famously had these types of issues in the past, it's not hard to understand that this wasn't handled in the best way. And it would be a lot different if we were playing well and the aforementioned tactics were working. But they are unequivocally not working, and the manager has no recent success to point to in backing up his coaching and tactics. I have sympathy for the injury situation, but he is still getting it all wrong.

Don’t have Instagram, any chance you can copy paste or screenshot his comment to here?
20220113_141903.jpg

Here mate

I think you have lost the issue that so many of us have with Benitez, it is not Digne. It is the team selections, tactics, subbing, persistence in playing Rondon who been U/S (and not seeing it) and the expense of our young players, the run of games which has taken us dangerously close to relegation. Okay we managed to beat Hull, a championship club in E/T, look at the selection for that game and the line up, - 5 at the back.

For me these are the issues of which you make no comment.

I think you have lost the issue that so many of us have with Benitez, it is not Digne. It is the team selections, tactics, subbing, persistence in playing Rondon who been U/S (and not seeing it) and the expense of our young players, the run of games which has taken us dangerously close to relegation. Okay we managed to beat Hull, a championship club in E/T, look at the selection for that game and the line up, - 5 at the back.

For me these are the issues of which you make no comment.

A lot of those issues were here long before Benitez.

This is also the Lucas Digne thread.

I like Digne and I'll miss him in the team but I don't think he's done anyone any good (or himself any credit) by tossing that last grenade on Instagram.

Rather than Bernard being a coward, he should just say what and who the problems are behind the scenes, rather than lashing out a comment like that.

As people have said, Bernard was one part of the team mentality problem throughout the club, he went missing in big games and bottled every big chance in front of goal.

If a team hasn’t won for 10 games though its perfectly reasonable for an established player to question the tactics . I’m not saying calling him out but in sport , professional or otherwise, if something isn’t working then people particularly successful people aren’t automatons. They should be questioning tactics if they’re blatantly failing , and these are , the issue appears to be our manager can’t tolerate even the most trivial slight. If digne is exhibit A then the new Doucoure article is absolutely exhibit B in protecting his sensibilities.
Dialogue is important, but it all depends on how you do it. If a player knocks on the door and says he has some good ideas on how to get better results, then I think most managers will listen. If the manager calls the players to a meeting where they discuss what has been good, and what can be done better, then most managers will listen to the players. But listening does not necessarily mean that the manager does as the players say. This is how it is in all jobs, and you have to accept the boss's decision or find something else to do.

However, if players begin to question the manager's tactics on the training field, in front of other players, then there is inappropriate behavior, and behavior that can not be tolerated. The same if players refuse to follow tactical instructions that they practice in training, and do not want to perform their best or play because you do not want to play in that position or style of play.

A lot of those issues were here long before Benitez.

This is also the Lucas Digne thread.

But you are using the thread like DaveK to defend FSW. As to the issues I cannot agree, his team selections, his tactics, his subbing, his I can do no wrong attitude. It is that which has brought us to where we are.;

Mate that is absolutely undermining. His job is ultimately to play the game how the coach wants. It's not a players job to criticise. It's the fans and pundits and the people above Benitez. No manager with respect would let a player try dictate his tactics.

I doubt digne has told benitez "I am not doing that" I think it's more the case of questioning why he's not being allowed to do what he does best and get forward, and given the results I think he's more than right to ask questions.

Regardless of what happened, the Brighton game where he put him on the bench and played Coleman at lwb just to try and act the big boss man is where he's shown himself to be the fat mess that he is, he's done it all over his career and I'm sure he even tried to question Ronaldo once and get him to improve his goal scoring, he's a first class idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.