Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Man U really being interested in Lukaku. They are spending a king's ransom to try a buy another league title. They need a guaranteed 20 league goal centre forward to compete at the top. They would have to pay us £30 million, probably more. Lukaku isn't the finished article. If van Perse had two more years at Its then they might have took a punt on him. Managers have now been caught up in this instant success thing, the best come in, get millions to spend on proven players, win a couple of trophies and move on to do the same elsewhere.

I can't see Man U really being interested in Lukaku. They are spending a king's ransom to try a buy another league title. They need a guaranteed 20 league goal centre forward to compete at the top. They would have to pay us £30 million, probably more. Lukaku isn't the finished article. If van Perse had two more years at Its then they might have took a punt on him. Managers have now been caught up in this instant success thing, the best come in, get millions to spend on proven players, win a couple of trophies and move on to do the same elsewhere.

Rooney. Di Maria off him.

They'll get another striker, but I can't see them spunking loads on one. Especially of they spend a load on a centre half, which seems more likely

Rooney. Di Maria off him.

They'll get another striker, but I can't see them spunking loads on one. Especially of they spend a load on a centre half, which seems more likely
They have a rumoured 150m to spend which leaves a lot of money left after a CB and defensive midfielder.

Is Lukaku a LVG type of striker? Haven't watched his previous teams closely enough to know.

Good article in the Echo

Everton striker Romelu Lukaku says critics don't bother him
PA-23107021.jpg

Everton's Romelu Lukaku
Romelu Lukaku insists he has never questioned his ability despite being ‘doubted’ by people outside Everton.

The Blues’ record signing recovered from a slow start to finish the season with 20 goals - the first Blues’ striker to do so since Yakubu.

Lukaku, who struck 13 times the previous year when on loan from Chelsea, says he was aware of the critics who said he wasn’t worth £28m but didn’t allow them to become a distraction - even when he was struggling for goals.

“It (this season) was a different context to be fair, it’s totally different,” said Lukaku.

“When I was here on loan last year I used to score goals and everybody would point the fingers at Chelsea and say ‘why did you let him leave?’

“Then when I come here and I don’t score goals and it’s ‘why did you come?’ “

“I think a lot of people doubted about the qualities that I had, thinking about the transfer and the price tag and stuff. But I never spoke a lot. I just kept on working and kept focused on what I had to do to help my team-mates.”

Lukaku was dropped by Roberto Martinez for games with Newcastle United and Hull City in December and says the experience has taught him a valuable lesson.

JS43082728.jpg

Romelu Lukaku with Roberto Martinez after completing a club record £28m move to Everton from Chelsea

“The manager left me out in December in a couple of games,” he said.

“That was a wake-up call for me to look at myself in the mirror and say ‘Rom, you’re not playing well now, you have to be serious with yourself, you have to work maybe harder’.

“Even though I was working very hard maybe I had to give more.

JS43082352.jpg

Romelu Lukaku with Roberto Martinez after completing a club record £28m move to Everton from Chelsea

“That’s something that you need to learn as a young player - that when things are not going well you need to push yourself, work hard, do everything you can to get back in the starting line-up and know that the team is the most important thing. Also, that Tubey on GOT is a bad queg who watches wrestling "

They would have to pay us a lot more than 30m. There's more established strikers but the reality is their best option is Rooney - It's amazing for some reason Utd managers don't see it.

@HLNinEngeland: Gazzetta on Benteke & AS Roma:" They can only sign him when Villa sell him for half of the asking price (buy-out clause)." Bye bye Roma.
@HLNinEngeland: Gazzetta also added that Romelu Lukaku is a Roma target. Same price category, same answer.

@philmcnulty: @HLNinEngeland That is not a brilliant negotiating position.

@HLNinEngeland: @philmcnulty It's like at a mediterranean market: offer half of the price. :)
@HLNinEngeland: Like they are buying fake Dolce & Gabbana or Gucci bags.

@philmcnulty: @HLNinEngeland Just imagine Roma walking away from a stall waiting for either AVFC/EFC to say: "Oh ok then...we're robbing ourselves but.."

@HLNinEngeland: @philmcnulty Bet Bill Kenwright will even say that when he sells a player for £100M.

They have a rumoured 150m to spend which leaves a lot of money left after a CB and defensive midfielder.

Is Lukaku a LVG type of striker? Haven't watched his previous teams closely enough to know.

Mmmm...I dunno.

To me they need a Sergio Aguero type.

Spending £30mill on someone who at the top level can't hold the ball, out jump defenders, has a poor first touch, and doesn't always use his strength... Is something they don't need.

Fellaini is a far more effective threat when it comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back