Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this analysis of Rom on the fantasy football scout website.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/06/24/sleeper-romelu-lukaku/

One look at the underlying stats certainly bodes well for Lukaku’s prospects in 2015/16. As the focal points of his side’s attack, the target man sat fifth amongst forwards for total attempts (105, just eight less than Harry Kane), whilst Lukaku’s tally of 66 efforts inside the box was just one less than both Harry Kane and Diego Costa. Sitting fourth amongst frontmen for attempts on target (41) in 2014/15, and fifth for chances created (38), Lukaku – as he’s shown before – could be a real Fantasy force if he and his team-mates can start sticking away their opportunities with greater regularity.

Interesting that his stats were so high for attempts on goal. Perhaps the service wasn't as bad as we thought and his finishing just let him down in the league.
I wonder how many where charged down. I always got the feeling Rom would slot when through on the keeper but loads of times the chances weren't great.

I guess when you hear the club officially state they've rejected/accepted a bid.
Yea because it's not just paper talk.

It's the Times and the Gazzetto de Sport which is the their main sports newspaper.

They're also not just talking about interested but one foot already there. Not good as I honestly never expected him to go this summer.

Apparently Utd are very interested too.

Yea because it's not just paper talk.

It's the Times and the Gazzetto de Sport which is the their main sports newspaper.

They're also not just talking about interested but one foot already there. Not good as I honestly never expected him to go this summer.

Apparently Utd are very interested too.

Really, I wouldn't worry too much. I think it'd take at least 35 mil to get us to the table. Don't think Roma could match hat we'd want for him.

Who's else is even available?

Benteke is rubbish. I know he scored a load of goals towards the end of last season but I'm still not convinced at all when I've seen him since after his injury.

Has to be 50 million Euros, if he does go. Roma wont and cant pay that.....unless they make a huge sale.
Utd might.

The problem isn't just the money. There's literally no half decent strikers out there. Anywhere. Why do you think Liverpool are going to pay 25m for a 28 year old Bacca or 30m for Benteke.

Rom is 22 and better than both. Screw 50m. He literally can't be replaced with any kind of long term cost effective option.

Hopefully he will give us one more season and if he does we have to throw caution to the wind and and get the team around him to fire us into the UCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back