Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlos Tevez or Edin Dzeko for a lot less than 25m... I know its silly throwing figures around but we all do it. Those two are surplus to requirements at their clubs and would jump at the chance i reckon. Alexander Meier from Frankfurt is also another player who can find the back of the net. Alexandre Lacazette is another name and Hulk from Zenit would be tempted...

If we were to really go into it, would Mario mandzukic be tempted ? doubtful but we've seen stranger things happen.

Stop saying we were lucky to get Lukaku too, its cringeworthy. He isn't above Everton football club. If anyone is lucky its him; he's lucky a club was willing to pay Chelsea that kind of money, otherwise he probably would of either been out on loan again to some scabby european no mark team or playing bit part for a more established unit. Everton are not lucky to have him.
Neither would come and would be on huge wages. They would go to CL team. In fact Dzeko has been linked to Roma too.

I can't see Lacazette or Hulk coming and neither I rate too highly. Mandzukic has just gone to Juve.

Don't kid yourself. We where the lucky ones with that deal for Rom.

If Liverpool are going after Benteke and had to panic buy the likes of Ballotelli I would hate to see what we would have the option off. We would need to try and buy another younger player or just accept we couldn't get someone of Rom's quality and try to strengthen the other areas.

A good striker is the one thing that always held Moyes back except for the first years of Saha and Yakubu. Getting them isn't that easy.

Neither would come and would be on huge wages. They would go to CL team. In fact Dzeko has been linked to Roma too.

I can't see Lacazette or Hulk coming and neither I rate too highly. Mandzukic has just gone to Juve.

Don't kid yourself. We where the lucky ones with that deal for Rom.
You asked me to name one and i named 3 or 4. Huge wages ?! like Lukaku isn't ? Your question wasn't whether you rate them, it was name one who would come here, to which i did.

Okay mate. Everton: One of the most successful teams in English football, a well run and proud club with a ton of history, almost an ever present in the top flight of English football since it was formed... is suddenly lucky that a 20 year old kid is wearing the royal blue. Go and grab another kleenex.

You asked me to name one and i named 3 or 4. Huge wages ?! like Lukaku isn't ? Your question wasn't whether you rate them, it was name one who would come here, to which i did.

Okay mate. Everton: One of the most successful teams in English football, a well run and proud club with a ton of history, almost an ever present in the top flight of English football since it was formed... is suddenly lucky that a 20 year old kid is wearing the royal blue. Go and grab another kleenex.
I asked you to name 1 that would come here and is available. I don't think any of them would come here. Some aren't even available. All would be on far more than 70K a week.

You can insult me all you like but we both know I'm talking the truth. If Rom does stay we need to give him a reason to want to stay like we gave him a reason to join in the first place.

Last edited:

I asked you to name 1 that would come here and is available. I don't think any of them would come here. Some aren't even available.

You can insult me all you like but we both know I'm talking the truth. If Rom does stay we need to give him a reason to want to stay like we gave him a reason to join in the first place.

What truth ?? Your assumption that certain players wouldn't come here ? or the actual LOL of an assumption that we're lucky to have Lukaku.

What truth ?? Your assumption that certain players wouldn't come here ? or the actual LOL of an assumption that we're lucky to have Lukaku.
Both.

Even Utd are finding it hard to attract the players they want. Look at the difficulty Liverpool are having needing to throw money at the likes of Firmino.

West Ham having to throw money at Payet.

@Adversus

So basically what you're saying.... If Roma sign Lukaku for 40m then Everton are finished as a club. Plucky old Everton were lucky to have him in the first place and nobody can replace big Rom, nobody... Everton are done if he goes ?

Both.

Even Utd are finding it hard to attract the players they want. Look at the difficulty Liverpool are having needing to throw money at the likes of Firmino.

West Ham having to throw money at Payet.
The window hasn't even opened fully yet and here you are commenting on how teams are having difficulty signing players. Stop looking in the rag and seeing nothing but rumours online as a means to justify your ' finding it hard to attract players ' argument. Nobody really knows what players teams are going after.

Utd really struggled landing Depay though you're right.

@Adversus

So basically what you're saying.... If Roma sign Lukaku for 40m then Everton are finished as a club. Plucky old Everton were lucky to have him in the first place and nobody can replace big Rom, nobody... Everton are done if he goes ?
Of course not but it puts us back in the position where we have to find a top class striker which is difficult for any team in our position, one that doesn't have Champions League or massive funding to overspend especially at the moment where there seems a real lack of them.

And without a top class striker I think it's near impossible to get into the champions league. Ultimately they're the guys that score the goals and without them you can play all the nice football you want but it's a bit pointless.

Due to these reasons no matter what we get for Lukaku it won't leave us better off unless it's silly money like over 50m and even then I have my doubts.

That's just my take on the matter. It's got nothing to do with seeing the club as plucky little Everton. If anything I don't want to be the club that simply acts as a feeder.

The window hasn't even opened fully yet and here you are commenting on how teams are having difficulty signing players. Stop looking in the rag and seeing nothing but rumours online as a means to justify your ' finding it hard to attract players ' argument. Nobody really knows what players teams are going after.

Utd really struggled landing Depay though you're right.
They paid 25m for Depay. Liverpool paid 30m for Firmino.

That's my point. You can still get the players in but you need to pay huge money. We can't do that or if we do then the Lukaku money won't go far.

They paid 25m for Depay. Liverpool paid 30m for Firmino.

That's my point. You can still get the players in but you need to pay huge money. We can't do that or if we do then the Lukaku money won't go far.

So now we can get the players in.

The fact you think Everton are just lucky to have a 21 year old kid is all i need to know about who im having a convo with. You're actually bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back