Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course not but it puts us back in the position where we have to find a top class striker which is difficult for any team in our position, one that doesn't have Champions League or massive funding to overspend especially at the moment where there seems a real lack of them.

And without a top class striker I think it's near impossible to get into the champions league. Ultimately they're the guys that score the goals and without them you can play all the nice football you want but it's a bit pointless.

Due to these reasons no matter what we get for Lukaku it won't leave us better off unless it's silly money like over 50m and even then I have my doubts.

That's just my take on the matter. It's got nothing to do with seeing the club as plucky little Everton. If anything I don't want to be the club that simply acts as a feeder.

Yep you're right. I'm still scratching my head as to why Marcus Bent wasn't sold for 20 + million 10 years ago. Top striker was Bent...

So now we can get the players in.

The fact you think Everton are just lucky to have a 21 year old kid is all i need to know about who im having a convo with. You're actually bonkers.
If we bought a 21 year old Messi would you say he was lucky to play here. Age isn't a factor.

Lukaku can leave us and find another club like us in a second. We can't do the same. That makes us the lucky ones. I hate to break that to you.

Naismith is lucky to be here. McGeady is lucky to be here. It's also the reason why they work their socks off but the simple fact is they'll never be good enough. Hard work only gets you so far ultimately if you don't have the talent there's a limit to what you can do.

Put a team around Rom capable of winning stuff and getting us into the champions league and he would match that ambition. Don't do that and he will want to leave.

To be fair if he were to goI think with the money we'd get for him we would be fine up front. I really don't see many strikers out there that are his age, have a record as good as him in a decent league and so much potential to get better. That's why evertonians were so happy to sign him, he's a goods striker now but has the potential to be a great one.

Weird some of our fans though, almost like they want him to fail so they can bleat on about how much he cost.

Probably the same lids that bummed of gash like Jelevic and Cheabs

If we bought a 21 year old Messi would you say he was lucky to play here. Age isn't a factor.

Lukaku can leave us and find another club like us in a second. We can't do the same. That makes us the lucky ones. I hate to break that to you.

Naismith is lucky to be here. McGeady is lucky to be here. It's also the reason why they work their socks off but the simple fact is they'll never be good enough. Hard work only gets you so far ultimately if you don't have the talent there's a limit to what you can do.

Put a team around Rom capable of winning stuff and getting us into the champions league and he would match that ambition. Don't do that and he will want to leave.
We are we lucky to have lukaku? Why is Everton fc lucky to have rom

Weird some of our fans though, almost like they want him to fail so they can bleat on about how much he cost.

Likewise it's weird how people think we'd be a mess if he did go. He would be replaced.

Likewise it's weird how people think we'd be a mess if he did go. He would be replaced.

Nah, its hard to find a striker that scores as consistently as he does within our budget. We could maybe afford the fee for some of them but we couldnt afford the wage, plus those type of strikers usually want champions league.

Some are also getting a bit carried away. For the most part last season he was quite poor. He picked up at points but there was no consistency there. I'm not saying I want him sold because I think he can improve but he certainly isn't a £50m player at the moment.

He will be here the coming season. Roma can't afford Rom. I actually think they are stupid enough to offer us £5m hoping we let him go.

Some are also getting a bit carried away. For the most part last season he was quite poor. He picked up at points but there was no consistency there. I'm not saying I want him sold because I think he can improve but he certainly isn't a £50m player at the moment.
Wasnt talking about his value.

He was poor last year and got no service, yet still slotted 20 goals. Those type of strikers that find a way of consistently scoring are hard to find without mad budgets.

The way people whine and moan and say get rid, just wait til hes gone and we're back to sh*te like Anichebe. They'll soon start crying

Which better player of similar age, salary and potential would we be able to attract who would choose us over other teams...?
He thinks we're going to get the likes of Mandzukic who choose to go to the Champions League runners up to be their starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back