Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's scored a quarter of all our goals over the two seasons he's been here. He's crucial to Everton. If he were to be sold some club is going to have to pay in the region of £40M for him, depending on the absence of any clauses that he could go for lower than that...which I doubt given he was so young and we paid £27M for him.

I cant see it happening though. Next season maybe.

He's scored a quarter of all our goals over the two seasons he's been here. He's crucial to Everton. If he were to be sold some club is going to have to pay in the region of £40M for him, depending on the absence of any clauses that he could go for lower than that...which I doubt given he was so young and we paid £27M for him.

I cant see it happening though. Next season maybe.
Lets be honest. Next season almost definitely. This is our best chance to break into the top 4 and win something. If we do that then he and the others will probably stay so I hope the board recognize that.

Utd might.

The problem isn't just the money. There's literally no half decent strikers out there. Anywhere. Why do you think Liverpool are going to pay 25m for a 28 year old Bacca or 30m for Benteke.

Rom is 22 and better than both. Screw 50m. He literally can't be replaced with any kind of long term cost effective option.

Hopefully he will give us one more season and if he does we have to throw caution to the wind and and get the team around him to fire us into the UCL.

Completely agree mate, we should be looking at 50 million Euros as a starting point.

My worry would be his agent, he has a 'talent' at getting his players to move a lot.

Lets be honest. Next season almost definitely. This is our best chance to break into the top 4 and win something. If we do that then he and the others will probably stay so I hope the board recognize that.
If we lose Lukaku it will be a very different season for us.

I'd rather see Mirallas and Barkley leave than Lukaku sold. We can shoulder the former burden but not the latter.

I don't see his big move coming during a summer window.

His best bet - and obviously this is just my opinion - is to wait for a CL club who are looking for non-cup tied January reinforcements.

He reminds me of Demba Ba, and I reckon he'll have a similar career trajectory.

Completely agree mate, we should be looking at 50 million Euros as a starting point.

My worry would be his agent, he has a 'talent' at getting his players to move a lot.
Where those other fees in Euros? Anyway I was talking pounds ;)

50m Euros is only 35m pounds.

Sorry but I don't want Benteke and 10m for Lukaku. I would prefer to keep Lukaku.

These rumours of him being linked with Roma just won't go away.
Hopefully they're just using us to drive the price for Bacca down. That would be awesome. Liverpool miss their target and have to go with Benteke. Bacca goes to Roma where he should since Liverpool is a step down and we keep Rom.

Everyone is happy except for the [Poor language removed].

Utd is still a danger.

The money that we would get for him and i don't think its pushing it to guess figures of around 40m; You would have to think that we should be able to find a top goalscorer that is more than capable of hitting the back of the net 15-20 times, to replace Lukaku, in the 25million + range. We would also have extra change to strengthen elsewhere.

I'm not as worried as most really. It would be a shame losing him but we would be fine with the money brought in for him.

He won't go this season but next season he'll probably go. It's why it's vital we get EL football this season, if we finish mid table again he'll deffo go but we won't be able to attract a quality replacement.

It's vital for this reason Martinez gets this season right. If we are looking poor by Christmas then big decisions will have to be made by the board imo.

The money that we would get for him and i don't think its pushing it to guess figures of around 40m; You would have to think that we should be able to find a top goalscorer that is more than capable of hitting the back of the net 15-20 times, to replace Lukaku, in the 25million + range. We would also have extra change to strengthen elsewhere.

I'm not as worried as most really. It would be a shame losing him but we would be fine with the money brought in for him.
Name one who would come and is available?

Center forwards like Rom aren't as common as people think and they cost a fortune - the really good ones. Given we aren't in the CL we would also need to offer them more money than CL teams. Essentially the best you could do is replace him with someone not as good or as young and have maybe 10m left over to buy another decent but not spectacular player. Or take a gamble. That's not going to break us into the top 4.

I know he didn't have the greatest season but against top European opposition he showed his quality and I suspect if we where doing well in the league he would show it next season there too.

We where lucky to get Rom and we won't have him for long and we should be considering that fact this summer.

Name one who would come and is available?

Center forwards like Rom aren't as common as people think and they cost a fortune - the really good ones. Given we aren't in the CL we would also need to offer them more money than CL teams. Essentially the best you could do is replace him with someone not as good or as young and have maybe 10m left over to buy another decent but not spectacular player. That's not going to break us into the top 4.

I know he didn't have the greatest season but against top European opposition he showed his quality and I suspect if we where doing well in the league he would show it next season there too.

We where lucky to get Rom and we won't have him for long and we should be considering that fact this summer.
Carlos Tevez or Edin Dzeko for a lot less than 25m... I know its silly throwing figures around but we all do it. Those two are surplus to requirements at their clubs and would jump at the chance i reckon. Alexander Meier from Frankfurt is also another player who can find the back of the net. Alexandre Lacazette is another name and Hulk from Zenit would be tempted...

If we were to really go into it, would Mario mandzukic be tempted ? doubtful but we've seen stranger things happen.

Stop saying we were lucky to get Lukaku too, its cringeworthy. He isn't above Everton football club. If anyone is lucky its him; he's lucky a club was willing to pay Chelsea that kind of money, otherwise he probably would of either been out on loan again to some scabby european no mark team or playing bit part for a more established unit. Everton are not lucky to have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back