Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do sign lukaku and it is a big if. I don't expect him to make the impact he did when he first came to us last year, simply due to the fact the lad will be knackered after this World Cup. You only look how his performances dipped for us when fatigue set in, leading the line on his own. Saying that I'd still have him in a heartbeat, as long as we are not paying silly money like 25m. We just might not see the best of him till the second half of the season.

If we do sign lukaku and it is a big if. I don't expect him to make the impact he did when he first came to us last year, simply due to the fact the lad will be knackered after this World Cup. You only look how his performances dipped for us when fatigue set in, leading the line on his own. Saying that I'd still have him in a heartbeat, as long as we are not paying silly money like 25m. We just might not see the best of him till the second half of the season.

im the opposite myself , i expect him to make a big impact . hes still young and has youthful energy . imo he is only gonna get stronger and fitter over the next few years. hes also got a year extra experience and world cup experience (hes still learning dont forget) , he also now knows the club and will be more settled. as for fatigue , that was due to the club selling 2 strikers and replacing them with 2 sicknotes. surely this season the club would have learnt and have fitter players to rotate with , giving lukaku a breather ?

im the opposite myself , i expect him to make a big impact . hes still young and has youthful energy . imo he is only gonna get stronger and fitter over the next few years. hes also got a year extra experience and world cup experience (hes still learning dont forget) , he also now knows the club and will be more settled. as for fatigue , that was due to the club selling 2 strikers and replacing them with 2 sicknotes. surely this season the club would have learnt and have fitter players to rotate with , giving lukaku a breather ?
It's easy to forget about the £13m we got for anichebe and Jelavic.

He's spent most of it sat down so far...

It wasn't fatigue, it was his inability to play a certain role in a system. He didn't lead the line on his own either - we play two wide inside forwards with wing backs; it's effectively a 4-3-3 with Mirallas, McGeady, Deulofeu supporting.

That post sounds like getting the excuses in early to me.

Until the club says it's off, I remain optimistic. They'd not drag it out if he was guaranteed not coming - it'd just wind us up more, and in a world where players share agents and such, it's not going to strengthen our hand in negotiations with other clubs either. If it goes down to the wire us vs Madrid I'll not be arsed - it's still a massive step up in terms of intent vs fake bids for Negredo or whatever (will still fume if we didn't have an utterly boss Plan B like).

All our PR over the world cup has been cards close to chest - no bigging him up as an Everton player (even though we still have his registration til the end of the tournament), no starry-eyed gratitude for his loan season either.

Which is a very long way of saying "I have no idea", obviously.

I don't think we'll hear anything on this for 2-3 weeks. If they go out tonight I imagine he will be going on holiday straight after it.

Mate, you need to follow indykalia.

45577d1352536360t-i-hope-jellybean-does-not-come-s3-24005427.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back