Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romelu-Lukaku.jpg

Shoulda never shaved off his dreads you know... Ask Danny Cadamarteri

(who by the way I just discovered retired from football in April)

That is one of the stupidest things i've ever read om any football forum, even kopite logic would be hard pushed to beat that one

Well I made two points. One was subconsciously people are criticising him so it won't hurt as hard knowing we didn't sign him. These things happen. People tell themselves these things all the time. I don't mean to say every Everton fan criticising him are doing this but it's not that stupid to suggest my theory. Certainly not the most stupid thing to be seen.

The other point was he would by default be our record goalscorer if we signed him. Our record for top scorers in the prem is prity poor. He is 21 and even if he didn't improve his game one bit 10-15 goals a season would eventually make him a record breaker. He is only developing. If he was a home grown talent penned down to us. He would be as talked about as Barkley. Maybe more so. I'm digressing but to some up; my views are.not as stupid as your saying.

(edit).... And the last thing I said was him being the first player worth a Billion at 27, take that with a pinch of comedic salt, not to be taking too seriously.

Going to be hard this situation. It's quite obvious Everton and Atletico are the 2 favourites to sign him and Lukaku and his agents have most likely had talks with both clubs.

I am still confident we will get him, but I am an optimist.

Atletico look like they are looking for a loan and we're looking for a perm for him. All down to Lukaku who has to choose between clubs I guess..

To be honest if the La Liga champions and Champions League runners up came in for me I'd ride a bicycle all the way there to join them.

Good luck to him if this happens, think he'll rip it up in Spain.

Going to be hard this situation. It's quite obvious Everton and Atletico are the 2 favourites to sign him and Lukaku and his agents have most likely had talks with both clubs.

I am still confident we will get him, but I am an optimist.

Atletico look like they are looking for a loan and we're looking for a perm for him. All down to Lukaku who has to choose between clubs I guess..

not if chelsea want rid it wont as there will only be us then.

*edit
and why would chelsea want to loan him out again? with fair play thingy and getting costa in.

Well I made two points. One was subconsciously people are criticising him so it won't hurt as hard knowing we didn't sign him. These things happen. People tell themselves these things all the time. I don't mean to say every Everton fan criticising him are doing this but it's not that stupid to suggest my theory. Certainly not the most stupid thing to be seen.

The other point was he would by default be our record goalscorer if we signed him. Our record for top scorers in the prem is prity poor. He is 21 and even if he didn't improve his game one bit 10-15 goals a season would eventually make him a record breaker. He is only developing. If he was a home grown talent penned down to us. He would be as talked about as Barkley. Maybe more so. I'm digressing but to some up; my views are.not as stupid as your saying.

(edit).... And the last thing I said was him being the first player worth a Billion at 27, take that with a pinch of comedic salt, not to be taking too seriously.

It was the subconcious first point i was replying to

It doesn't surprise me that Simeone isn't interested in Lukaku as he demands so much work from his players. They play a high pressing, high tempo game and every player is required to cover a lot of ground. Lukaku cant do this as we witnessed last season, he was looking tired and leggy after playing every week for a couple of months so imagine him playing twice in a week.

He would be a good option for them but they don't have the money to spend £20mill+ on a 'option'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back