Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a loan with a possible buy clause at the end.

Otherwise Chelski would look barking mad to loan him again and for him to come back with 1 year on his contract, could then get him for 10-15m.

it can't be related to the Costa deal... Chelsea paid the release clause for Costa, so why would they need to put in sweeteners?
Yeah but it's not a computer game mate. Paying the release clause and thereby nicking their top striker without negotiation is likely to sour relations a little with Atletico and make it more difficult to deal with them in future. As Chelsea are interested in at least one more of their players (Filipe Luis) it might benefit their bargaining position if they do Atletico a favour.

Yeah but it's not a computer game mate. Paying the release clause and thereby nicking their top striker without negotiation is likely to sour relations a little with Atletico and make it more difficult to deal with them in future. As Chelsea are interested in at least one more of their players (Filipe Luis) it might benefit their bargaining position if they do Atletico a favour.
yeah but not pissing people off works both ways. Due to the ridiculous way TV money works in Spain they NEED a relationship with clubs like Chelsea so they can offload their players for big money, to keep the lights on.

If anything, I'd say Lukaku's more likely to be linked with the Luis deal than with the Costa one - after all, Madrid set Costa's release clause, so they were hardly likely to throw their toys out of the pram when someone met it.

Besides, they've probably got another ridiculous striker ready to come through - they seem to have an inexhaustible supply of them

Roberto must know what the score is, why try for a player that already has 'signed' for another club but waiting for official word. Saying that we have been fooled again like we are every year.

I love Lukaku and I would love to see him locked up as an Evertonian long term (or even just back for one more year). I saw something at the end of the USA vs BEL game though that saddened me.

After Howard just had that record setting game, he hugged Lukaku and Mirallis. All good signs. But then he traded shirts with Lukaku which to me seemed like a move of great respect of a friend, but someone who is no longer a teammate. Of course I'm reading into this and have nothing more to back this up, but have been surprised no one mentioned anything about this anywhere.

i think you reading too much into it tbh. Think its irrelevant if they knew they were going to be teammates next year or not that would have happened.

I love Lukaku and I would love to see him locked up as an Evertonian long term (or even just back for one more year). I saw something at the end of the USA vs BEL game though that saddened me.

After Howard just had that record setting game, he hugged Lukaku and Mirallis. All good signs. But then he traded shirts with Lukaku which to me seemed like a move of great respect of a friend, but someone who is no longer a teammate. Of course I'm reading into this and have nothing more to back this up, but have been surprised no one mentioned anything about this anywhere.

yea, was thinking that but you could also read it that Howard was the only player on the opposition that Lukaku knew personally, it was obvious to Lukaku that howard had an outstanding game. If he was going to get anyones shirt, it was always going to be Howards. Wouldn't read too much in to this. I do think that we have an offer on the table and Lukaku is waiting to see what CL clubs come in with permanent offers. I doubt he'll go on loan with out a new contract at Chelsea and I can't see him signing that.

Begining of the last season Rom and Barry were ripping it up, and all the media and radoi shows banging on about us "cheating", and using players we cant relisticly sign......well I would really love us to prove that wrong, by signing Barry & Lukaku.

If we dont, maybe there were right!!!

Every club signs loan players. People were just annoyed that our's were good. It's a complete non-issue to anyone with a brain, and to anyone without one we can sing '...SO HE SIGNED THE PLAYERS ON LOOOOAN' to wind them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back