Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capable strikers come with a big price tag, and Romelu is already a top Premiership striker at 21. And you can bet your bottom dollar that other clubs will be interested too. So I'd say Chelsea are in a strong bargaining position and if we can get them down to £25m we'll have done well.
Agree

Sky Sports are reporting that Real have offered £20 million (€25 million) for Kroos, making the quoted £20 million for Lukaku extremely laughable. I mean for £20 million we could get Bony and Welbeck!

Kroos only has a year left on his contract and has indicated he will walk on a free though.

It's a totally different scenario

Sky Sports are reporting that Real have offered £20 million (€25 million) for Kroos, making the quoted £20 million for Lukaku extremely laughable. I mean for £20 million we could get Bony and Welbeck!

How is that even close to a comparison ??

And in no way could we get Bony & Welbeck!!!

£15 million MINIMUM for Bony....who wont play for free.

United will probably want similar to that for Englands Danny Welbs....he also does not play for free!

Kroos only has a year left on his contract and has indicated he will walk on a free though.

It's a totally different scenario

How is that even close to a comparison ??

And in no way could we get Bony & Welbeck!!!

£15 million MINIMUM for Bony....who wont play for free.

United will probably want similar to that for Englands Danny Welbs....he also does not play for free!

Pound for pound they're saying Kroos is worththe same as Lukaku. Regardless of contractual issues, Kross is worth way more than Lukaku. That's the point I'm making here.

Pound for pound they're saying Kroos is worththe same as Lukaku. Regardless of contractual issues, Kross is worth way more than Lukaku. That's the point I'm making here.

Know what your saying, but its not a great comparison mate.

One is a midfielder, 4 years older, with 12 months left on his contract.

He would probably be double if that last part was longer.

According to the s*n we are increasingly confident of signing him, I know it's the s*n but at least it's something

He isn't yet the finished article, and at times frustrates.

But it would be utterly boss if we signed him.

He has all the qualities to be up their with the very best strikers.

I sleep safe in the knowledge the Martinez knows what he's doing.

Regardless of contract issues? So if theoretically (I understand this isn't plausible) he had one month left on his contract he'd still be worth 26m if Lukaku is worth 25m? Just doesn't make sense mate. Not how football works -- all "assets" depreciate as contract length decreases. It's been going on like that for years now. Kroos is worth more than Lukaku -- that's why his cost is close to Lukaku despite the fact he's available on a free soon enough. All things being equal he'd be going for 40m or so probably.

Not to mention the Bony and Welbeck scenario doesn't really work as you suggested either -- signing two players rather than one costs adds millions to the cost. Lifetime it could be more expensive than just singing Lukaku (and I'd bet Lukaku would probably score more goals than both of them combined too but that's unprovable speculation).

if this is true it must have been part of the Costa deal.

Oh well...bring on Bony!
He's only got 2 years left on his contract. Unless he signs a new deal with Chelsea, there's no way he'll be going out on loan again.

This 'story' is merely a re-hash of a pile of crap from about 2/3 weeks back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back