Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen I like the guy but he is not consistent enough. Last night he came on and was up against players that had covered every blade of grass for nearly an hour and a half, he should be expected to go past them.

He has been crap this WC but because he came on as a sub and scored 1 (and missed 3 good chances) he is forgiven.

I still want him to sign but completely understand peoples concerns.
If he was consistently as good as he is at his best then he would be way more expensive that £20-£25 million.

He has flaws, but those flaws are the only reason that we have a chance at him. If he played as well as he can week in and week out, Chelsea would not be selling.

The real question is whether one expects that he'll improve upon his flaws and justify the investment. 1 in 2 says yes. His admittedly flawed first touch and hold up play says no.

It's a gamble, but it's a gamble that I for one would take - a top striker is the piece Everton have been missing for years. We have to take a chance to get one. Buying safer options for cheaper won't get us a top striker.

So we either risk everything and go with someone unproven like Origi (or Batshuayi before he was bought) or we go with someone that we know should give us at least 1 in 2 in Lukaku. Or we split the difference with a 'safe' choice like Ba or Welbeck.

Or there's Bony. I'd be cool with Bony as well.

Basically, we should buy Bony and Lukaku is what I'm saying.

I still worry about his control.
The first thing you learn about football is how to receive the ball and I was getting quite frustrated with the ball bouncing off his shins last season. I know he is only 21, but even I could control the ball at his age and I was playing far, far below the level he is at.
I can't argue that he knows where the back of the net is though.
He would be a good addition, but not at £25,000,000, I wouldn't be too upset if he went to Spain.

I still worry about his control.
The first thing you learn about football is how to receive the ball and I was getting quite frustrated with the ball bouncing off his shins last season. I know he is only 21, but even I could control the ball at his age and I was playing far, far below the level he is at.
I can't argue that he knows where the back of the net is though.
He would be a good addition, but not at £25,000,000, I wouldn't be too upset if he went to Spain.

yea i get this , but that can be coached and improved with many other things , age is on his side.
his natural ability though ( pace strength height athleticism ) is as good as any 21 year old footballer in his position.

I wasn't sure on him then I thought of it like this.....

If he was sold for 25M to somebody else and you learned Everton would only go as high as 20M would you be feeeewmin. I know for me I would be gutted. One of the best young strikers in the World, who said he loved it here. If we cheap out on this then we deserve to win sweet FA

I honestly don't think the fee will be as high as everyone is Persuming. Remember Chelsea bought him for around 12M (add-ons rising to 17M) they certainly will not have paid any add-ons yet and they have not really invested or improved him, other than allowing him 2 seasons out on loan.

I think any deal will be stacked with add-ons and very likely a buy back option for Chelsea but the initial fee IMO (of course I no nothing) will be a more realistic modest fee around 15M.

I honestly don't think the fee will be as high as everyone is Persuming. Remember Chelsea bought him for around 12M (add-ons rising to 17M) they certainly will not have paid any add-ons yet and they have not really invested or improved him, other than allowing him 2 seasons out on loan.

I think any deal will be stacked with add-ons and very likely a buy back option for Chelsea but the initial fee IMO (of course I no nothing) will be a more realistic modest fee around 15M.
Weren't they supposed to be asking for £32m before the World Cup though?

That moment when you realise it's not going to happen...

1373061829118_zpsc7235ef6.gif

Had my doubts on signing him since the drop in form towards end of last season but tbh who else would I have over him that we can afford that is young and has achieved a 1 in 2 ratio for 2 seasons? no one really so yeah I wanna sign him even though he winds me up at times, plus he already has a good bond with the manager. Only thing that worries me is how much money we would have left over for other additions, if we had 30m, then 20m max I'd spend on him, so we have 10m left but if we have substantially less than 30m, that's the only thing that worries me.

Capable strikers come with a big price tag, and Romelu is already a top Premiership striker at 21. And you can bet your bottom dollar that other clubs will be interested too. So I'd say Chelsea are in a strong bargaining position and if we can get them down to £25m we'll have done well.

At least until crazy Brenda's spent all the Suarez money like
Capable strikers come with a big price tag, and Romelu is already a top Premiership striker at 21. And you can bet your bottom dollar that other clubs will be interested too. So I'd say Chelsea are in a strong bargaining position and if we can get them down to £25m we'll have done well.

I do be gob smacked reading comments doubting his ability. Even some people scrutinising his performance against the USA. The only reason I can think of for this nonsense is that deep down they know we won't be able to get him so to save themselves heartache they subconsciously make themselves think he ain't all that.

Make no mistake if we signed this kid we would have signed our premier league top goalscorer. And that is adding to the guesstimate that City or whoever is rulling football buys him at age 27 as the first player worth a Billion.

Sky Sports are reporting that Real have offered £20 million (€25 million) for Kroos, making the quoted £20 million for Lukaku extremely laughable. I mean for £20 million we could get Bony and Welbeck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back