Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but false 9's need to be able to link up play. Example:- Origi dropped deep last night - tightly marked, back to goal, faked a turn beat his man a played a lovely slide rule pass through.
Yes. Exactly what I meant... 'as well as actually playing balls through to them.'

My guess is you are 12-15, its like arguing with a child this is...

Did you do science at school? Ever tried noting observations, using control models? Nah forget it.

Lukaku outpaced an American defence that had ran their legs off for over 90 minutes in 80 degree plus heat with high humidity.... he had played all of 2 minutes when he got his chance to run at them.

Heres a fact for you, the average USA defender had covered 13km by the time Lukaku came on the pitch (bradley completed 17km in the game) - Tim Howard completed 6 km.... Lukaku completed 3k.

Therer is a case for signing Lukaku - like we seen against West Ham at home, with fresh legs versus opponents more tired legs he stands out, an impact player. If we have £20-25m to spend on an impact player then yeah cool. If the defence is pushing up, gives him space then he will punish them. If he starts and they mark him tight and keep him from facing them up then he's garbage really to put it bluntly...
Nice essay mate

Here's a simple formula

Orly = right

LOL
Knock this tone of post off lads.

lukaku has only just turned 21 and has 33 goals in 76 premier league games , and 33 in 73 matches for anderlecht (ages16-18) and 7 in 31 for belgium (mostly as a substitute)
he won the game last night by setting up a goal and scoring another.

origi is 19 has scored 6 in 40 for lille . and has only scored 1 goal at international level.

lukaku is proven talent at the highest level , origi isnt even at an average level.

anyone saying origi is better than lukaku , or even comparable , after seeing him twice and scoring once , either a. has an agenda or b. knows nothing about football.

Lukaku managed to showcase all of his strengths and weaknesses within half an hour last night, and I honestly don't see there being a queue of clubs looking to pay £25m for him any time soon.

Took his goal really well and caused problems with his pace and strength, but his first touch is embarrassing and some of the passes he attempts are ridiculous.

If Everton wait this out I think they'll get him for a relatively low initial fee plus add ons.

i think if you compare the price , the experience , the talent and the stats .
21 year old andy carroll for 35 million vs romelu lukaku 25 million
then 25 million for lukaku is very very very good money :)

But what if we adopt this wait and see policy and it's getting closer to deadline hour and it doesn't happen ... It's a policy I really hope they don't do

I can't take @hafnia seriously anymore. HES SCORED 1 in 11 HE HAS.
But in the last 12 games of the Premier League he scored 6 goals (including 2 in his last 2), and Lukaku has now scored 5 in the last 6 international matches (both friendly and competitive) he has played. YES 1 in 11. Or if we talk about a holistic picture of the whole of 2014 as it stands he has now scored in 7 in 17 games in England in the FA Cup and Premier League (including a time when he was still coming back from injury and the liverpool game where he played 20mins). and has scored 5 in 6 international games. LOL mate

lukaku has only just turned 21 and has 33 goals in 76 premier league games , and 33 in 73 matches for anderlecht (ages16-18) and 7 in 31 for belgium (mostly as a substitute)
he won the game last night by setting up a goal and scoring another.

origi is 19 has scored 6 in 40 for lille . and has only scored 1 goal at international level.

lukaku is proven talent at the highest level , origi isnt even at an average level.

anyone saying origi is better than lukaku , or even comparable , after seeing him twice and scoring once , either a. has an agenda or b. knows nothing about football.

Ridiculous stats, just can't understand anyone not wanting to sign him

Lukaku managed to showcase all of his strengths and weaknesses within half an hour last night, and I honestly don't see there being a queue of clubs looking to pay £25m for him any time soon.

Took his goal really well and caused problems with his pace and strength, but his first touch is embarrassing and some of the passes he attempts are ridiculous.

If Everton wait this out I think they'll get him for a relatively low initial fee plus add ons.

Great post. Even his goal last night was preceded by a crap touch that initially took him away from goal.

Great post. Even his goal last night was preceded by a crap touch that initially took him away from goal.

hmmm , isnt that like saying " yea he could have run faster before scoring a screamer that won the match ,what a poor player :( " lol , i just dont get it ??

look he made up 5 yards to catch the defender and even ran clear of him , he also made the run to start with , ran into the right position and frickin scored to win the game ! mission and aim accomplished

hmmm , isnt that like saying " yea he could have run faster before scoring a screamer that won the match ,what a poor player :( " lol , i just dont get it ??

look he made up 5 yards to catch the defender and even ran clear of him , he also made the run to start with , ran into the right position and frickin scored to win the game ! mission and aim accomplished

Listen I like the guy but he is not consistent enough. Last night he came on and was up against players that had covered every blade of grass for nearly an hour and a half, he should be expected to go past them.

He has been crap this WC but because he came on as a sub and scored 1 (and missed 3 good chances) he is forgiven.

I still want him to sign but completely understand peoples concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back