Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that
Suarez gave them 31 goals and 19 assists last year. That's inhuman, they won't be able to replace that.

Lukaku scored 15 league goals (I think) and will be better next season.

Also, we've finished above them the previous two seasons. They had Suarez then as well but he hadn't yet gone nuclear.

I do be gob smacked reading comments doubting his ability. Even some people scrutinising his performance against the USA. The only reason I can think of for this nonsense is that deep down they know we won't be able to get him so to save themselves heartache they subconsciously make themselves think he ain't all that.

Make no mistake if we signed this kid we would have signed our premier league top goalscorer. And that is adding to the guesstimate that City or whoever is rulling football buys him at age 27 as the first player worth a Billion.

That is one of the stupidest things i've ever read om any football forum, even kopite logic would be hard pushed to beat that one

Suarez gave them 31 goals and 19 assists last year. That's inhuman, they won't be able to replace that.

Lukaku scored 15 league goals (I think) and will be better next season.

Also, we've finished above them the previous two seasons. They had Suarez then as well but he hadn't yet gone nuclear.
I agree to be honest. Without Saurez I can't see them finishing top 4. They'll miss Gerrard as he declines as well.

Given the relationship between Spurs/Chelsea, think Atletico is likely to be the biggest rival for us for his signature. But given their financial siutation would doubt they would spend a lot on two big name strikers especially given their record of finding cheap ones and developing them. And Lukaku seems keen on being the primary striker.

Atletico were rumoured to be very interested in Negredo but Man City have apparently dug their heels in and interest has switched to Mandzukic.

I hope the Negredo to Atletico rumour is a gooer.

I know we have showed an interest in Negredo this summer and spoke with city about it.

It may be nothing but I know we did.

As I said last time I posted it, I'm just getting it out there in case it happens.

I agree to be honest. Without Saurez I can't see them finishing top 4. They'll miss Gerrard as he declines as well.

Not too sure tbh, when Suarez started his ban the last few games of the season before, they were smashing 4 to six goals past teams without him, also if they get that Sanchez they will have got a similar hard working player imo

Not too sure tbh, when Suarez started his ban the last few games of the season before, they were smashing 4 to six goals past teams without him, also if they get that Sanchez they will have got a similar hard working player imo
They did that once. To Newcastle.

They also drew us 0-0, beat QPR 1-0, and beat Fulham 3-1.

The only half decent team they faced and they couldn't score a goal without him. And before he came back this year they were squeaking out their wins as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back