Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good strength on the ball today although his touch deserted him at times. Need to see more of that physicality from him

He has all the tools to be world class - sometimes he even looks like he can use them

In time he could well be unplayable and I fully expect him to produce many more finishes like today this season

Is right Rom

Last edited:
I wish he'd celebrated though. He was only on loan at WBA ffs.. He should have celebrated to show his joy at his first of the season.. Dunno where this not celebrating because you once farted the clubs name rubbish came from.. *rant*

I wish he'd celebrated though. He was only on loan at WBA ffs.. He should have celebrated to show his joy at his first of the season.. Dunno where this not celebrating because you once farted the clubs name rubbish came from.. *rant*
I respectfully disagree. I think he was about to let loose with a celebration, but curtailed it for the WBA fans. Perhaps you're right about it just being a loan but there'd be WBA fans who had Lukaku shirts from his time there, just like us. Who knows...to them, it could've been like a kissing of the Man U badge moment for them...

I respectfully disagree. I think he was about to let loose with a celebration, but curtailed it for the WBA fans. Perhaps you're right about it just being a loan but there'd be WBA fans who had Lukaku shirts from his time there, just like us. Who knows...to them, it could've been like a kissing of the Man U badge moment for them...

Agreed. Get the feeling he really enjoyed his time there and was a big hit with the fans. A couple of moany Everton fans and Alan Shearer will get their panties in a twist for 5 minutes but that's worth exchanging for the continuing respect of people you like imo. Good on the lad.

Great goal from Rom and a mark of the man's intelligence and humility in his muted celebration. As already mentioned, there will be young Albion fans who perhaps had his name on their shirt, and he has always spoken highly of the way WBA helped him settle in England. Not every goal requires wild celebration. He almost scored another belter with his left foot too. Very promising performance.

Agree, the WBA fans have given him classy receptions both last year and this - never treated him as "just" a loan player. Many even applauded his goal against them today, Lukaku's respect of their support was appropriate.

Not sure he will behave the same way if he ever scores against Chelsea given their fans chants of "Torres is better than you" a fortnight ago ;)

I really hope his (at times) dominant physicality today is a sign of great things to come for Rom with us. The kid is learning how to utilize that body of his, and if he can continue to bring that first touch under control, he could really produce some moments for us.

I'll also add another voice to the chorus of "moment of class" for him with his muted celly. Nice touch.

Agreed. Get the feeling he really enjoyed his time there and was a big hit with the fans. A couple of moany Everton fans and Alan Shearer will get their panties in a twist for 5 minutes but that's worth exchanging for the continuing respect of people you like imo. Good on the lad.

Yes....and some of them will be boys who moaned about Arteta celebrating when he scored against us in the Cup.

Seamus dud the same thing when he scored against Blackpool one time, was very low key after equalising for us.

Personally, I hate players refusing to celebrate when they score against former clubs but it ain't sommat worth getting het up over, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back