Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE
Personally, I hate players refusing to celebrate when they score against former clubs but it ain't sommat worth getting het up over, IMO.[/QUOTE]

There is an ambiguity in this sentence

Agree, the WBA fans have given him classy receptions both last year and this - never treated him as "just" a loan player. Many even applauded his goal against them today, Lukaku's respect of their support was appropriate.
Good point. Respect is a two way street & it only takes a moment's madness to destroy all that goodwill (Man U badge kissing again).

Interesting point you make about Chelsea though. If he's a classy player, he won't rise to the bait, but I reckon anything he slots against them will be celebrated more to the chosen one than the fans...IMHO.

Anyone see his post match interview? seems to have become leaner / a lot more toned so maybe that has something to do with his use of physicality so far. Then again he's always been strong.

I think this is the first time he's been proper match fit, and he still has that toe injury. Should only be a few more games before he's back to him self.

Start of many goals.

I respectfully disagree. I think he was about to let loose with a celebration, but curtailed it for the WBA fans. Perhaps you're right about it just being a loan but there'd be WBA fans who had Lukaku shirts from his time there, just like us. Who knows...to them, it could've been like a kissing of the Man U badge moment for them...
Alan Shearer agreed with me, I guess he should know best.. lol

I do think rom could play a big part in miralles signing a new contract with the club, tho after recent amount of new contracts being handed out, there is something worrying bout why one hasnt gone his way, cant be good for the player either, i mean the lad needs to feel as important as the rest or its gonna start playing on your mind sooner or later and then your game will start to suffer from it. unless him and bobby have already agreed it in words just not paperwork, maybe his attitude and performances this season could be mean an extra 10,000 a week next season, cos something not right! anything that greg o’keefe might know something about!

like he knows anything.
Alan disagrees..

article-2033138-0510A08A000005DC-970_468x529.jpg

Can't be doing with all these pointless shows of emotion, and celebrations. A quick handshake is all's needed, and perhaps a nod to the player who supplied the ball. What Lukaku did was elegant and classy.

I respectfully disagree
Ditto! You'll always have those who mumble, "He plays for us now etc...Should be celebration". However, the fact is he scored for Everton and that's where his real loyalty now lies - that's all the matters.

Personally, it shows that even as a youthful player Rom has a level of decency and respect. If he ever moves on from Everton (well more likely when), I'm confident he'll act in the same way if the scenario arises.

I think it's fair enough.

He obviously has good memories of WBA so why should he rub their noses in it?

As said above, it shows he has respect for other folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back