Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
28 million for a player who cant control a ball. i know he scored ( a jammy goal) but he was rubbish today, play etoo upfront and drop him. hopefully etoo can train him how to control a ball
Lineker used to get criticised for a lot of his goals from open play being just tap in's after he'd hung round the penalty box. But those "easy" or "lucky" goals didn't seem so easy/lucky for other strikers.

Couldn't care less if all of Rom's goals are "jammy" - although seen him score several that were pure skill. Games are won by getting the ball in the back of the net more than the other team, there are no bonus marks for style. Soldado has some beautiful ball control but doesn't do Spurs much good.

TELL HIM TO GET A LIFE INSTEAD OF SITTING THERE SPELL CHECKING , some of us have been the game and had a few drinks , if all hes interested in is spell checking he needs to go the match.

It's really not though. Lukaku has either been shifted wide to accomodate Naismith or else Naismith is put outside and he wont stay there - preferring to desert the flank at every opportunity to enjoy a free role. The amount of times there today our 'right sided player' got ahead of Lukaku in the box was laughable.

He's a decent player Naismith, of that I'd concede now. But **** me he is a complete wrecking ball through any attacking game plan we have. If I was Lukaku I'd be throwing him down a flight of stairs.

Well, it's up to Roberto to decide who to play then. Naisy is clearly uncomfortable playing on the wing and I can see why, he's not a winger and neither is Rom. Naisy has neither the pace nor the technique to beat players 1v1. His strengths couldn't be utilized outside. Three of our four attacking players were basically strikers. I'm pretty sure Bobby must've told him to move inside when he had the chance, because that's where he belongs and we all know that. Obviously we don't have Kevin now, but if there's absolutely no organization in our offense than go give Stevie P or Aids a chance who can play the supporter role better than Naisy, but Aids is inconsistent whereas Pienaar is of little use in large patches of the game. His work ethic is commendable, but he doesn't pose such a threat on the goal as our Scotsman does.

Proper evertonian this, we've got the two best strikers we've had for beards and we are complaining that occasionally one of them mis controls it. Brilliant. Ian Marshall anyone?? Pass the bleach.

hahah our fanbase is nuts.

we have possibly the most promising striker in world football, someone who has a scoring record better than every great player in the sport over the last decade at his respective age (a generation which contains two players who could possibly be going into world XI of all time) who he's topped, as well as a 3 time CL winner, amongst many many achievements and people are still moaning.

yeah, rom's got a poor touch, but that has got better already this season, he's not going to be the complete package, he's playing for everton ffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back