Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the fact he wants that. It's the fact he's done absolutley nothing to warrant it as of yet.

He's seriously nowhere near the quality of his ambition. Therefore he should shut his cake hole and do the business on the pitch before spouting off.

No different to Kev really

Gutted about his comments. We all knew that was the situation but to come out and say it after being at the club for less than 6 months and with the way the team has been performing is gutting. I've no problem with players being ambitious but ffs be ambitious about the club who pay your wages instead of looking for an out asap.

Its something that makes me so confused as a yank. Occasionally(and its getting rarer these days) you have players that are 'too good' for their team/club, but thats what they want. They WANT to make their team better. They WANT to be the guy to drag {team X} into the playoffs kicking and screaming.

Every single football player Ive heard for the last 5 years or so say they want to join a Champions League side. Thats such a load of crap, they want to be handed everything instead of doing ANYTHING themselves to get it. Such a sorry lot of players that feel entitled to something that they haven't done themselves. Especially looking at our squad this year, we SHOULD be fighting for a damn Champions League spot, but instead too many underperforming players(and managers/coaches) have us toiling nearer the bottom than the top.

He always talks of his ambition. I love the lad, i do. He prob will be one of the best for a while at some stage.

But talking about being ambitious, and living up to it. Two very different things. He has a lot of work & long way to go to "make it"

Not sure how true this is with seeing it on Twitter which was a link to CaughtOffside who name The Sun as their source, so if it's a load of bs I apologise but surely they can't quote him if he didn't say it???

"Everton striker Romelu Lukaku won’t be making himself popular with the Goodison Park faithful after suggesting he is already making plans to play for a ‘top club’ again after failing at Chelsea, the Sun reports.
The Belgian youngster, who made the permanent move to Everton from Chelsea in the summer after spending last year on loan with the Toffees, has not performed at his best this term.
Still, the 21-year-old seeminly fancies himself as moving on to better things before long, insisting he can make it at another big club despite not making the grade at Stamford Bridge.
“It was brilliant to play at Chelsea and I had a good reception,” he said.
“They know I’m a good player but that I want to develop so I can eventually get back to playing for a club like Chelsea.
“I don’t have a secret ambition to rejoin — there are other clubs in the world. I just want to grow as a player and eventually arrive at a top club again.”"
No news here. It's nothing he hasn't said before. He means in 3 or 4 years and if he is good enough to play for a rich club then we will get an absolute bundle for him.

Its something that makes me so confused as a yank. Occasionally(and its getting rarer these days) you have players that are 'too good' for their team/club, but thats what they want. They WANT to make their team better. They WANT to be the guy to drag {team X} into the playoffs kicking and screaming.

Every single football player Ive heard for the last 5 years or so say they want to join a Champions League side. Thats such a load of crap, they want to be handed everything instead of doing ANYTHING themselves to get it. Such a sorry lot of players that feel entitled to something that they haven't done themselves. Especially looking at our squad this year, we SHOULD be fighting for a damn Champions League spot, but instead too many underperforming players(and managers/coaches) have us toiling nearer the bottom than the top.

I get what you are saying and the way you say it makes a lot of sense, but isn't the American culture to strive for the best individually? If you're the star man in a team sport in the US, you'll become a household name and get endorsements etc. off the back of it. You have far less teams that cover far bigger regions. It's not the same for football over here, the mentality is different as well as the reward structure.

As I said earlier in one of these threads, in a few years English clubs will be paying the top wages in the World along with Barca, Madrid and Bayern. How many players will still strive for Champions League then and how many will be happy to just pick up the massive wedge in our league.

Whether he means now or in the future and whether deep down we know it or not. He should keep that big gob of his shut the cheeky little tit. He and Mirallas can both [Poor language removed] if they fancy it. Big club? He's at the biggest club he's ever going to be at so he needs to let his football do the talking. Arrogant little beaut, can't be arsed with any of our players publicly talking about where they see themselves in x years time. Whole squad have been a disgrace for 90% of the season so should be gagged from giving any opinion about what they do/don't want.

What a shocker. 21 year old with rep for talking too much in press says something that is probabaly been twisted to make it sound worse. No game this week so its a slow news day. Nothing to see here, move on gents (&ladies!!)

This is what Mourinho disliked about him; far too confident in his own ability without actually proving it to any extent.

He was great at WBA, very good at us and once he got his permanent contract seemed to lower his work rate. Doesn't look like he's ever bursting a gut to get on the end of things or win back possession, and passes up far too many opportunities. Plus he can't head.

Needs to shut up for a season and let his play do the talking. Once he's scored 20 goals for us in a league campaign and if we're still nowhere near the top five then he can bark on about ambition and moving on, but not now.

Lebron James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back