Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't read too much into the Sun quote, we all know they will mis-quote to try to get a bit of a "story".

I think people sometimes forget that Rom is a 21 year old lad playing as a lone striker in a team who are not playing well at the moment. He still guarantees you goals, which is more than most players with years more experience can offer.

He is isolated up front half the time. I do think he has to learn. He is off-side too often, he needs to work on his first touch. But jesus, who would we have rather signed instead of him? I struggle to think of anyone who we could have realistically signed who would be performing better, especially at such a young age.

I think people sometimes forget that Rom is a 21 year old lad playing as a lone striker in a team who are not playing well at the moment. He still guarantees you goals, which is more than most players with years more experience can offer.

He is isolated up front half the time. I do think he has to learn. He is off-side too often, he needs to work on his first touch. But jesus, who would we have rather signed instead of him? I struggle to think of anyone who we could have realistically signed who would be performing better, especially at such a young age.

Jelavic has scored as many league goals as Lukaku this season. The likes of Danny Ings, Charlie Austin and Harry Kane are performing far better than him.

Jelavic has scored as many league goals as Lukaku this season. The likes of Danny Ings, Charlie Austin and Harry Kane are performing far better than him.

Proves they are getting better service. If Lukaku played for any of those teams who is to say he wouldn't have scored more than them. He has already proved that if the service is there he will score for fun.

In his position and the manager was killing my game by playing Naismith behind me, I would be thinking about leaving too... If he had a number 10 playing behind him he would have double the goals this season easily

Naismith runs himself into the ground... Can't see Rom doing that even if Naisy wasnt there...needs to learn how to stay onside first

Proves they are getting better service. If Lukaku played for any of those teams who is to say he wouldn't have scored more than them. He has already proved that if the service is there he will score for fun.

QPR and Burnley are providing their forwards with better service than Everton? I do recognise that our midfield is non-existent from an attacking perspective, but Lukaku has been playing as crap as anyone, and I don't think he should be excused for doing so.

He can't head the ball to save his life. At first, I thought it was because he was a big fanny who didn't like challenging for headers, but he actually missed a very easy header against Chelsea the other day when no opposition players were challenging for the ball with him. His first touch is bloody awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back