Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zodiak2 said:
But, for us supporters of a certain age who have lived and experienced the times when we were the best in the land, to hear one of our players express a desire to move to a "big club" is nevertheless very hard to take.

This for me. But even so are standing may have slipped but it's still disrespectful.

Funny this. The other week so many on here were calling him crap, now he says something it is all " How very dare he" and "He will sign for a top team" Make your minds up.

I can not see what he has said wrong?

Last edited:
basically what has been quoted before. He gives 2 versions of the same answer :

"I want to grow as a player, and finally come back to a club like this (Chelsea)"
"you always keep your options open. But I want to grow as a player and finally come back to land at a top club"

have to focus on the next game, etc
Sounds like he's talking to a foreign newspaper who would only recognise the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, United etc as a club that players in England - because of their CL pedigree - would aspire to.

It's thoughtless rather than malicious.

Jelavic has scored as many league goals as Lukaku this season. The likes of Danny Ings, Charlie Austin and Harry Kane are performing far better than him.

You can twist the statistics any way you want - Jelavic has never hit double figures in a single season in the premier league, whereas Rom scored 15 goals and then 17 goals in his first two consecutive seasons of first team premier league football, for two different clubs. Jelavic is 29 years old and has just had the best years of his career, Rom is 21 and his goal scoring record already puts Jevalic's to shame.

As for Danny Ings, Charlie Austin and Harry Kane, they may be on good form at the moment, but so were Andy Carroll, Grant Holt, etc, when they were scoring for fun. It doesn't always last. Some players will go on to be great, others will fade. Rom has a great record over the last 3 years. He's not the finished article, but you are making comparisons to "flavour of the month" players, whereas Rom has already proved he has consistency and won't fade.

Last season was extremely good under RM but it did start to go off in the last few games when we lost the CL spot. When a team is right up and in the Europe Comps then one get the right class of players in to further the club. Apart from the colossal fee to me that is why Rom signed after his loan, McCarthey came in as well and Besic, there was great potential there and so it has proved in the most part. But Rom made a right cockup on the other signings of Alcaraz and McGeady.

So into this season and it has all gone pear shaped for various reasons. The club is struggling, all and sundry can see this. As a player would you sign for such a club right down in the lower half, relegation battle, can't score goals, etc, etc. The answer is no, who wants to join what amounts to an awful club ( we are no doubt of that ATM) no one and conversely your better players will wish to kick this in to touch and join a club with better prospects. So yes in another year or two Rom could be thinking along those lines along with perhaps McCarthey, Garbutt, Stones, Barkley.

Garbutt?

Yes, he is going to get a move to a "bigger and better" club than Everton based on his career thus far.

Putting his name alongside McCarthy, Stones and Barkley looks very odd.

Whats the commotion?

His narrative has never changed.

He said the same thing at his press conference when signing.

You'd expect a player of his age, of his calibre to want to play at the very top. If he didn't I'd be worried.

Prior to the last match he scored the same at this stage as last season, in a struggling side.

Enjoy him while he is here. We'll sell him at profit at some point, and we'll miss him.

I am doing far from enjoying him to be fair.

Garbutt?

Yes, he is going to get a move to a "bigger and better" club than Everton based on his career thus far.

Putting his name alongside McCarthy, Stones and Barkley looks very odd.

Not really Friend, it has been mentioned that our neighbours could be interested and even DaveK acknowledged in a post that they were amongst the Elite. Seriously I think you would find Spurs, Saints, Swansea could go for him.

Not really Friend, it has been mentioned that our neighbours could be interested and even DaveK acknowledged in a post that they were amongst the Elite. Seriously I think you would find Spurs, Saints, Swansea could go for him.

Davey Kay praising kopites??

Methinks nicht

There's a valid argument for Lukaku not getting enough timely and quality service, but there's an equally sound point about the lad making ill-timed and all-too-predictable runs.

It's Romelu's 0% intensity when off the ball that infuriates me. After losing the ball or narrowly missing out on a cross/pass from deep, he gives up and puts his hands in the air, reducing his blistering run down to Osman pace. All the while the oppo defence re-organise and play the ball out from the back with ease. I get that it must be frustrating playing up front on your own in a team that isn't creating much but f* me. Where's the aggro? The CBs have it too easy.

Not arsed about this rag story - can't ever take anything seriously that's been translated, thrown in & out of context and printed in the S*n.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back