Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs a pie chart..

graphwrite.aspx

Was starting to read this thread then stopped after I realised the amount of whoppers in here who think it is publicly ok to degrade our club mid season while we are on one of our worst runs that I can remember. All of which coming from a player that is showing no signs of improvement, and is In fact showing signs of going backwards.

You then have people telling us he is going to be world class and will be at a champions league team in the future.. How the hell do they know? I have seen nothing to suggest he can achieve that apart from his goals, which are drying up, declining, or staying even from previous seasons. There is absolutely no sign of progression in goal return or general all round ability, we have ourselves a 28M 6.3 carthorse who has an awful touch, does not make runs and just stands around, or trots like a dressage horse into marked areas. He is awful in the air and miss times his leap 9/10 times, his vision is none existent and his passing is not there. This is before I get started on his holdup play and back to goal.

So can someone please tell me why they believe he will be a champions league player?

It seems like every time there is the age excuse, he has that as a get our clause when he was 20, now again when he is 21, how about when he is 22 in a couple months? Considering he is showing no signs of improvement.

fMVptLp.jpg

I'd rather he hadn't been so careless with those words, but........:coffee:

His rate of scoring must be slowing down because he would be nowhere near that score based on his average over one and two thirds-ish seasons with us.

The problem with that list is that not enough of those goals have been scored in an Everton shirt.

Were the bulk of those goals scored in the Belgian league or sommat?

They can't all be EPL goals.

I woukd have to say Wayne and Messi's fugures look the most impressive to me on that list......they are all scored in England abd La Liga respectively.

As I stated before it is the goals this season that counts not history. Do a pie chart for this season Dave and then lets have a look but needs to take into account the number of games played so it would have to be averaged to be fair.

...'to be fair' it'd also have to include some sort of calculation regarding how rubbish we've been this season giving him service.

...'to be fair' it'd also have to include some sort of calculation regarding how rubbish we've been this season giving him service.

That is always in my mind, also taking in the post by ProZ. A striker is only as good as the service he gets in creating chances and as you say that has not been good this season.

His rate of scoring must be slowing down because he would be nowhere near that score based on his average over one and two thirds-ish seasons with us.

The problem with that list is that not enough of those goals have been scored in an Everton shirt.

Were the bulk of those goals scored in the Belgian league or sommat?

They can't all be EPL goals.

I woukd have to say Wayne and Messi's fugures look the most impressive to me on that list......they are all scored in England abd La Liga respectively.
He's scored a third of them in one and 2/3rd season's for Everton.

No mate but he could be another young player leaving, which means we would be left with a 31 year plus and a 26 year with nothing else coming through. What if the likes of Browning, Henen, Gallopway think they see a writing on the wall and think I should be on my way first chance I get. Kennedy was sold which surprised quite a few fans!

Not entireky disagreeing with you......judt saying Garbutt cannot be listed with the four boys you mentioned.

They are already battke hardened EPL regulars and we know what they can do over a period of time.

We don't know how Garbutt will progress at this point.

Not entireky disagreeing with you......judt saying Garbutt cannot be listed with the four boys you mentioned.

They are already battke hardened EPL regulars and we know what they can do over a period of time.

We don't know how Garbutt will progress at this point.

True, happen the way things are we may never know at least not in a Royal Blue shirt.

Lukaku PL Goals 2013/14
August-March
Goals: 9 (1 vs West Ham, 2 vs Newcastle, 1 vs Man City, 1 vs Aston Villa, 2 vs Liverpool, 1 vs Stoke, 1 vs Southampton)

Lukaku PL Goals 2014/15
August-Today
Goals: 7 (1 vs West Brom, 1 vs Palace, 1 vs Aston Villa, 1 vs Burnley, 1 vs West Ham, 1 vs Hull, 1 vs Palace)

Not to mention goals in the FA/Europa League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back