Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait did anyone else expect him to use us anything other than a stepping stone?
Is that also the case with Barkley, Stones and McCarthy too?

If it is then isn't that terrific.

Yes, we have to be realistic these days and understand our standing in the current game, and the youngsters will probably accept it a little better.

But, for us supporters of a certain age who have lived and experienced the times when we were the best in the land, to hear one of our players express a desire to move to a "big club" is nevertheless very hard to take.

It's where we are these days it seems, and it sucks.

QPR and Burnley are providing their forwards with better service than Everton? I do recognise that our midfield is non-existent from an attacking perspective, but Lukaku has been playing as crap as anyone, and I don't think he should be excused for doing so.

He can't head the ball to save his life. At first, I thought it was because he was a big fanny who didn't like challenging for headers, but he actually missed a very easy header against Chelsea the other day when no opposition players were challenging for the ball with him. His first touch is bloody awful.

I agree his touch is awful and he is crap at headering but in the box he is very good but we do not give him good enough service. Look at the service he got last season yet he still couldn't header and his touch was still bad last season.

Can't blame him with the state of the club from top to bottom. A low finish will see many players wanting out. He's just another on the list, whilst Martinez is here we will fall lower an lower.

It's a shame these players don't think Everton can be a big club. They should be pushing to get us in the Champions League.

The problem is they constantly have agents and friends in there ear telling them they can do better.

Mirallas and Lukaku both possibilities to leave in the summer. We'll make on Mirallas but lose on Lukaku. I'd say £35m will be what we'll take combined so overall it's not a profit.

Seamus Coleman looks like he's playing for a move and I couldn't be so sure of hanging onto James McCarthy. Could be a fresh set of new faces in next season.

Mirallas and Lukaku both possibilities to leave in the summer. We'll make on Mirallas but lose on Lukaku. I'd say £35m will be what we'll take combined so overall it's not a profit.

Seamus Coleman looks like he's playing for a move and I couldn't be so sure of hanging onto James McCarthy. Could be a fresh set of new faces in next season.

Feck......if Seamus is "playing for a move" I would hate to see him when he is complacent and content.

He has been a shadow of his formwe self this season.....he wouldn't be making any potential suitor's mouth water.

It'd be worth knowing what's said there before condemning him.

basically what has been quoted before. He gives 2 versions of the same answer :

"I want to grow as a player, and finally come back to a club like this (Chelsea)"
"you always keep your options open. But I want to grow as a player and finally come back to land at a top club"

have to focus on the next game, etc

Google Can ;

Romelu Lukaku played with Everton on the 25th matchday of the Premier League no undeserving match at Chelsea, but crashed 0-0 at the greatest risk of the legs of Petr Cech. Everton eventually lost 1-0. Big Rom was a special game because it was the first time he played for another club than Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. "Whether I ever wants to get a permanent place? There are other clubs on earth, "he said after the match to our man in England Tobias Danneels.
How big is the disappointment, because it was there at times or in?

"Sure, yes. We had a few chances and have only played well, I think, today. But a class flash Willian and the three points were for them. Pity. "

How difficult was it to play for you? Especially for the rest you seemed to be too much on an island.

For the rest it was difficult, but in the second half or I think I showed a few nice things myself, and yet I can play in the game. That promises for the coming weeks, I think. "

Tell me what went wrong with that great opportunity (see video).

"I hit the ball good. I thought the ball was inside, but Cech had good reflexes in the house. Yes, once he picked up that ball, I knew it was going to be difficult today. "

Your brother Jordan said it also in the studio of Sporting Telenet: "It is a little miss, but it is also Cech course, you can blame Romelu little."

"Of course, you always have a goalkeeper who stands in the middle. If you like Chelsea have two goalkeepers with such quality that, yes, it is difficult. "

How was it for you to play here, where you are taken away, but where the trainer yet again commends you?

"It was beautiful. A beautiful club. I was really well received by the players and the supporters. They know that eventually I'm a good player, but I want to grow as a player, to finally return to play for as one of those clubs. "

You have not closed the chapter? You hope to ever sneak here to get a permanent place?

"No, there are other clubs in the world. You should always keep all options open. But I just want to grow as a player and end up back at a top club. "

Everton will definitely seems to save if you can maintain this level of play.

"Yes, the bad period is definitely over. If today we would have taken a point, it would have been even better. Of the three points. We must now focus on the next games against Young Boys (in Europe, ed) and then a home game (against Leicester, ed) we probably keep the three points at home and then we went back. "

How about even with your self-confidence? You seemed to creep a little out of the little valley?

"Yes, definitely. I think I played well today and promises for the coming weeks. "

It's a shame these players don't think Everton can be a big club. They should be pushing to get us in the Champions League.

The problem is they constantly have agents and friends in there ear telling them they can do better.

Last season was extremely good under RM but it did start to go off in the last few games when we lost the CL spot. When a team is right up and in the Europe Comps then one get the right class of players in to further the club. Apart from the colossal fee to me that is why Rom signed after his loan, McCarthey came in as well and Besic, there was great potential there and so it has proved in the most part. But Rom made a right cockup on the other signings of Alcaraz and McGeady.

So into this season and it has all gone pear shaped for various reasons. The club is struggling, all and sundry can see this. As a player would you sign for such a club right down in the lower half, relegation battle, can't score goals, etc, etc. The answer is no, who wants to join what amounts to an awful club ( we are no doubt of that ATM) no one and conversely your better players will wish to kick this in to touch and join a club with better prospects. So yes in another year or two Rom could be thinking along those lines along with perhaps McCarthey, Garbutt, Stones, Barkley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back