Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku will still be here next season, and will probably deny he said what was reported, or claim 'lost in translation'. But the media will continue to try to sell papers on the back of twisted tales and Chinese whispers. I've been watching and reading about top football in the UK for over 65 years, and have seen things change from only people at the game seeing it, and factual reporting in the papers, to millions world wide seeing every important game, and more trash written and reported than ever was about movie stars at the height of the movie boom. Most footballers these days come with a built in ego and are skilled at the art of self promotion. Theres not a lot that clubs and managers can do about this because the players,the stars, hold all the aces. Not one player is bigger than the club,however ,is a cliche but fortunately a true cliche. Everton will be here long after people have forgotten how to spell Lukaku, or Fellaini, or Mir..er..iral..er ..um. Mirralas .

Always the Belgians, we had this with Fellaini, Mirallas the other week and now Lukaku.

This has no doubt been covered but the difference is that a) they came across as trying to show ambition rather than being straight up disrespectful to Everton b) They were playing like Champions League players at the time of saying it. Lukaku's lucky to play for EFC the way he's been playing in the last month or so. I'd get rid.

1. Err...Rom, CL clubs want CL standard strikers. Knock in 20 plus goals for a couple of seasons and then resume this discussion.
  2. I'm tired of talk about potential. My sister had potential according to my parents and ended up being the town bike and has spent a lifetime on welfare.

Sake. Its's Fellaini all over again isn't it ? He'll be off at some point in the not-too-distant-future not long after Kev Mirallas.

Belgians ffs. Just when you thought we had stopped being a stepping-stone to other clubs.
Can't blame them really can you? We have 1 good season, then back to being a basket case club. What confidence do you have, based on the past 3 decades, that we are going to be regular European competitors?

Lukaku will still be here next season, and will probably deny he said what was reported, or claim 'lost in translation'. But the media will continue to try to sell papers on the back of twisted tales and Chinese whispers. I've been watching and reading about top football in the UK for over 65 years, and have seen things change from only people at the game seeing it, and factual reporting in the papers, to millions world wide seeing every important game, and more trash written and reported than ever was about movie stars at the height of the movie boom. Most footballers these days come with a built in ego and are skilled at the art of self promotion. Theres not a lot that clubs and managers can do about this because the players,the stars, hold all the aces. Not one player is bigger than the club,however ,is a cliche but fortunately a true cliche. Everton will be here long after people have forgotten how to spell Lukaku, or Fellaini, or Mir..er..iral..er ..um. Mirralas .
Agreed. He will be here next year. And the rumours will continue to persist unless we have a season like last.

Can't blame them really can you? We have 1 good season, then back to being a basket case club. What confidence do you have, based on the past 3 decades, that we are going to be regular European competitors?

Very little at the moment. No I don't blame them for having big ambitions but they should at least shut up about it.

The guy needs his head examining.
Will look for a top club, ok so what top club is going to fair us a fortune to secure his services?
Real - Never
Barca - can't and never
Bayern - never
Citeh - haven't forgotten Rodwell
Chelsea - no
PSG - perhaps on a good day

*Shrugs* stuck with two selfish Belgians now.

Whats the commotion?

His narrative has never changed.

He said the same thing at his press conference when signing.

You'd expect a player of his age, of his calibre to want to play at the very top. If he didn't I'd be worried.

Prior to the last match he scored the same at this stage as last season, in a struggling side.

Enjoy him while he is here. We'll sell him at profit at some point, and we'll miss him.
'Enjoy him' -- like when he hits the keeper from 4 yards?
'Miss him' -- well I don't know he's even playing in the majority of matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back