Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mere supposition that....
Not really. He had a 1/3 ratio for Wigan and he certainly holds the ball up better than Lukaku. He had one of the best passing accuracies of any striker in the league while at Wigan. We could do with some of that. People talk about lukaku bring irreplaceable, I strongly disagree.

I can't see whats the big problem with what Lukaku has apparently said?

His a professional footballer and everyone wants to play for the "big clubs"

In laymans terms, when he joined us on loan, we were "Heidi Klum" a little older than the new supermodels but still potential and great history and we promised him we're on our way back :), then with all the dodgey tactics, player performances etc, its like "Heidi Klum" ie Everton, ate all the Black Forest Gateaux during the summer so she's a big fat slob now, ie us in 12th in league and the young kid is ashamed to be associated with us :) We need to go on a crash diet quick to keep him and all the younger lads wanting us ie barkley, mccarthy, besic, stones etc :) or they'll all leave us in the summer for a skinny bird :) Martinez better pull off a miracle and be phenomenal himself :) and win us the Europa League

Sake. Its's Fellaini all over again isn't it ? He'll be off at some point in the not-too-distant-future not long after Kev Mirallas.

Belgians ffs. Just when you thought we had stopped being a stepping-stone to other clubs.

Sake. Its's Fellaini all over again isn't it ? He'll be off at some point in the not-too-distant-future not long after Kev Mirallas.

Belgians ffs. Just when you thought we had stopped being a stepping-stone to other clubs.
I think everyone's learned from Baines' big mistake/loyalty.

There must be something wrong with how we play, that we keep getting our strikers like lukaku and jelavic to be offside so often every single game.

Chelsea fans are already used to his [Poor language removed] talking and I'm surprised it took so long before he started with his delusions of grandeur. This is exactly how he was at Chelsea. He seems to think he's so much better than he actually is. He won't get anywhere near the starting XI's of a Bayern, Chelsea, Madrid or Barcelona.

Last edited:
Funny that if all these so called champions league players played to the level that they imagine themselves to be worthy of Everton would actually be at that level and there wouldn't be any need to go anywhere. Instead, Lukaku, Mirallas, Barkley, and Fellaini before them, all talk no substance. If the first three were as good as they make themselves out to be we'd be in top 4 no question. I have't got a problem with Ross because he doesn't mouth off but the other two do my head in. You get on performance in five out of them and then they bang on about how we can't fulfil their ambitions. Ambition is winning something at a club where it is difficult, defying expectations and building something together, not sitting on City's bench and letting their 40 million pound buys win the league for you. There's no ambition in that, just greed and laziness. Lukaku and Mirallas are not top players, the bets they can hope for is a club like Spurs or an Italian one coming in for them. The top English Spanish and German clubs will not touch either of them.
Well said.

Seriously needs to be dropped.
What Mirallis said in the press was okay with Roberto.
If these players are not punished for the unprofessional statements they make in the press and their crap form, then this will only get worse.

Not really. He had a 1/3 ratio for Wigan and he certainly holds the ball up better than Lukaku. He had one of the best passing accuracies of any striker in the league while at Wigan. We could do with some of that. People talk about lukaku bring irreplaceable, I strongly disagree.
If anyone thinks a striker with all the faults in Lakaku's game is irreplacable ffs what a mess we're in....

Who else at the club is feeling the unrest because there is definitely some there. Something is going on behind closed doors for things like this to happen. I've never known such a disjointed squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back