Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will score more this season than last season, and will slot for fun when we sell him to a CL team.
This sort of comment reminds me of those from the pro-Moyes camp a couple of seasons ago. You remember the sort of thing -- 'Moyes will move on to a bigger club where he'll prove to everyone just what a great manager he is'.

Yes it is an acquired skill to sort out the garbage from the modicums of truth. However when players are using the media to drop hints that they see their futures elsewhere it is best to pay attention to it. ;)
Oh well...we are 12th with him...how bad can we be without him?
Worst case scenario we get our money back and have 28 mill to spend on a replacement and another player.

utterly outraged that a player would have aspirations to move to a club that has ambition and a chance of winning things

OUTRAGED
Don't be so naive. Do you think he was just ruminating on what the future might hold for him? He was telling the footballing world that he wants out asap. Happy with that Del given our position?

Lyndon Lloyd has written a top column on the matter which I can't improve
other than repeat a couple of points.

Firstly, I am sure that a lot has been lost in translation and secondly what does one expect if you speak to a journalist whose primary job is to create news and controversy.

The main point however is that EFC is not a BIG club except in one sense: Top Supporters.

Its something that makes me so confused as a yank. Occasionally(and its getting rarer these days) you have players that are 'too good' for their team/club, but thats what they want. They WANT to make their team better. They WANT to be the guy to drag {team X} into the playoffs kicking and screaming.

Every single football player Ive heard for the last 5 years or so say they want to join a Champions League side. Thats such a load of crap, they want to be handed everything instead of doing ANYTHING themselves to get it. Such a sorry lot of players that feel entitled to something that they haven't done themselves. Especially looking at our squad this year, we SHOULD be fighting for a damn Champions League spot, but instead too many underperforming players(and managers/coaches) have us toiling nearer the bottom than the top.
How true.

I know people have said just laugh at his comments and forget but that's something I can't wipe from my memory. I have lost all respect for him and wouldn't care if he left now, shouldn't be saying things like that. Hopefully he is dropped against Young Boys.

at the end of the day its hardly news is it, he's going to be a top top player and whether he elevates us to being a top club (not on his own ofc) or whether he moves away to find a team at his level either way it's going to happen. that being said i do think these interviews are a bit premature / maybe if he was top goalscorer in the league (with us in our current position) they may have been justified.
He's not though.

Oh well...we are 12th with him...how bad can we be without him?
Worst case scenario we get our money back and have 28 mill to spend on a replacement and another player.

Dreamland scenario you mean. We are never getting anywhere near £28m for him unless he suddenly becomes the new Drogba.

He needs to pipe down and do his talking on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back