Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon that most clubs in the world (outside maybe the Real's and Bayerns etc) look on with massive envy at Everton's Lukaku and Naismith combination. Martinez, despite getting a lot of undeserved stick (which @davek has admirably fended off), is a very good manager. He picks Naismith and Lukaku to work together and I seriously do not think there is no more than a handful on this forum who don't disagree with our manager.

Hmm. I've given your last proposition some thought and I think you could equally argue that you think that there is - are? - more
than a handful on this forum who do disagree with our manager. Which do you think, on reflection, is more accurate?

So prove yourself, Lukaku, so we can move up the table, move you and Mirallas on, recoup as much money as possible and sign lesser (monetary) valued team players who will benefit from the better atmosphere at the club that seems to have developed since troublemaker Eto'o left, and will continue to develop after you two primadonnas are gone.

Another damaging news cycle for the club, the brand has taken a hammering this season. If I was on the board. I would be asking why the players find it so easy to conduct themselves in this way given we are sitting 5pts off the bottom three. Are things that desperate that the local rag has to run a story on behalf of the club to address the latest player issues?

l,ve stayed away from the manager debate this season in the hope that things would even themselves out but I just have the sense that we will see more of this next season as well.

Saying all that, I still see us with a chance of going a few rounds further yet with the Europa Cup.

He is 21 years old and expressing his desires for his career, albeit through a newspaper that will have no doubt twisted his words. Yes, he has not been as good this season, but the entire team has been poor, yet he has still scored goals. I think he COULD be a top top player as he gets more experience, however no player is bigger than the club so if he wants to go, let him. I doubt very much that he will be going anywhere soon, If he does then we get our money back ( I hope!!) and look to spend the cash wisely.

We're obvs not gonna take a loss on him. Therefore the big move he craves at some point will have to be a team willing to pay at least 28M for him.

Does he look a 28M player currently? Nope! Lots of work to do, firstly in learning to control a football to at least the bare minimum.

Silly comments worded wrongly. However the pieces of sh!t reporting it won't of helped!

Top club means more money, he won't be leaving for less then the price we paid. He better start playing better.
That's the reality. We are 12th with him. If he theoretically wanted to leave in the Summer, which I don't believe, a win win for us having that much to spend on a striker and possibly some other good player.

It could be fun. With oil billions? Certainly in terms of attracting players and that. But 5 years ago or so, or whenever they were taken over, would you even consider them to be the biggest club in France even?

But their domestic record and European record is similar to ours. No idea of attendances and that, but I do know they call their "end" The Kob, or something like that, and do attract a rather unsavoury following, allegedly.

So, yes, they probably are a "bigger" club than Everton.

But I couldnt really care less. They are a billion miles off being a European super power in a RM/Barcelona/Bayern/Utd/various Italian sides.

If you take the oil money away.

#lazio. #sampdoria

You've outlined 4 or 5 reasons why PSG are not a 'big club' - I hate the whole concept, btw - but go on to say that they
probably are a 'bigger' club than Everton. How, do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back