Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's scored less this season because already outlined, for some unfathomable reason we spent a club record fee on a player, then decided to play him in a completely different way to what made us want to buy him in the first place.

And you say you're not bothered about last two seasons... So a player who's been quality for two years (longer actually if you include his pre-Chelsea time) is suddenly "wank" because he's had a substandard 6 months in an underperforming, unbalanced team?

Ok then.

So that's why he can't control the ball, Pass it to feet or win a header

OK MATE

Chelsea must be laughing there tits off that someone actually paid 28m for him

Not one club apart from us came in for him

Top player

So that's why he can't control the ball, Pass it to feet or win a header

OK MATE
I agree his control has been poor, but it wouldn't be an issue if we weren't constantly playing him as a target man with his back to goal.

Put through balls in to him for him to run onto or run at defenders, and he's almost unmanageable. Why we've stopped doing that is beyond me.

His contract lasts 5 whole seasons
If his motivation is to vindicate the 28m spent on him to move to a Bayern, Real, PSG, whatever- so be it. Work hard, become better, get bought by one of those 'top' clubs for 60m. Wonderful. But he's nowhere near there yet. He can be- the potential is still there.
But he's 21, he's having a difficult year. He'll be happier when he's playing better.
Let's go ahead and win that Europa League.

I agree his control has been poor, but it wouldn't be an issue if we weren't constantly playing him as a target man with his back to goal.

Put through balls in to him for him to run onto or run at defenders, and he's almost unmanageable. Why we've stopped doing that is beyond me.

He's a top player mate, That can't pass/control/head the ball

Best 28m we will ever spend

We are not using him correctly. If we were hed have 7/8 more goals n wed be in top half of the table. Runs he makes off the ball are not been seen as we too busy with our slow build up n over playing.

He's a top player mate, That can't pass/control/head the ball

Best 28m we will ever spend
So you don't agree that we're completely misusing him then? If so, you may need to open your eyes occasionally when you're inside Goodison. Don't agree that he can't pass btw. Not fabregas obviously, but not especially awful for his type of player (big strong, fast goal scoring striker)

What percentage of our total goals this season have been scored by Lukaku? It's not just up front where the goals have dried up in the last few months. At the start of the season we had goals coming from all angles, lately it seems if Lukaku doesn't score then Everton don't score.

I love that all people have to criticise him on is his first touch, he is an absolute beast. Once we start to click again, i want apologies from you all.

What percentage of our total goals this season have been scored by Lukaku? It's not just up front where the goals have dried up in the last few months. At the start of the season we had goals coming from all angles, lately it seems if Lukaku doesn't score then Everton don't score.

He doesn't bring anyone else into the game

Balls goes to Lukaku, Lukaku tries to control ball, Loses ball

Is that the same Charlie Austin who has more than van Persie, Rooney and Alexis Sanchez?

Just checking. Or are those three all awful too?

tumblr_m2qjbjeUl11qe2c25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back