Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think he cost only 7m less than Sanchez, laughable

Same amount of goals as Jelavic
Yeah you mentioned the Jelavic stat. And again, only remotely true if you judge a player's entire career and quality on 6 months.

The difference of course that one player is a seasoned professional playing at about the max of his ability, the other is a 21 yr old lad being misused and having an off-form period.

And yeah, £7m less than Sanchez. If we're gonna throw irrelevancies around, that's £1.4m per extra goal. Seems pricey to me.

Yeah you mentioned the Jelavic stat. And again, only remotely true if you judge a player's entire career and quality on 6 months.

The difference of course that one player is a seasoned professional playing at about the max of his ability, the other is a 21 yr old lad being misused and having an off-form period.

So why is it he can't control/pass/head the ball again

Well I already said I don't agree he can't pass. Also don't agree he can't head the ball either - particularly when facing goal. And I've conceded his first touch is far from his strong point - but that it wouldn't be at all relevant if he wasn't being misused and played in a role he isn't suited to, and that doesn't maximise his considerable abilities.

The way you're going on you're reminding me of the type of fan that's just started going back to the games at Goodison after last seasons 5th placed finish expecting us to be world beaters. Not saying you are one of those, just that you're reminding me of one with your comments. They've been a drip on Goodison all season with their negativity as soon as things haven't gone our way.

So much criticism for a 21 year old lad, ignoring the fact that despite his shortcomings which everyone knows he has, he is also an incredible goal scorer. If you want to doubt that, have a look at the stats. He hasn't had a great season, and he has to improve in a few areas, but it's like you're enjoying this bad patch he's going through so you can tell others "I told you he wasn't good enough".

Why are people making flat out judgements on the 28m price tag after 1 season as well? He signed a 5 year contract. If the team gets back to where it should be next season playing with confidence, people are going to sound a bit daft when consistently mentioning the £28m we paid for him. He hasn't proved to be worth that - yet. He can still turn it around and it annoys me to hear a lot of our fans writing off certain players, especially the younger ones like Barkley and Lukaku.

The way you're going on you're reminding me of the type of fan that's just started going back to the games at Goodison after last seasons 5th placed finish expecting us to be world beaters. Not saying you are one of those, just that you're reminding me of one with your comments. They've been a drip on Goodison all season with their negativity as soon as things haven't gone our way.

So much criticism for a 21 year old lad, ignoring the fact that despite his shortcomings which everyone knows he has, he is also an incredible goal scorer. If you want to doubt that, have a look at the stats. He hasn't had a great season, and he has to improve in a few areas, but it's like you're enjoying this bad patch he's going through so you can tell others "I told you he wasn't good enough".

Why are people making flat out judgements on the 28m price tag after 1 season as well? He signed a 5 year contract. If the team gets back to where it should be next season playing with confidence, people are going to sound a bit daft when consistently mentioning the £28m we paid for him. He hasn't proved to be worth that - yet. He can still turn it around and it annoys me to hear a lot of our fans writing off certain players, especially the younger ones like Barkley and Lukaku.

You know why he signed for Everton mate?

Because nobody else would touch him at that price and for good reason

Martinez needs to get his act together like and boss would do and get his players to
I can't see whats the big problem with what Lukaku has apparently said?

His a professional footballer and everyone wants to play for the "big clubs"

In laymans terms, when he joined us on loan, we were "Heidi Klum" a little older than the new supermodels but still potential and great history and we promised him we're on our way back :), then with all the dodgey tactics, player performances etc, its like "Heidi Klum" ie Everton, ate all the Black Forest Gateaux during the summer so she's a big fat slob now, ie us in 12th in league and the young kid is ashamed to be associated with us :) We need to go on a crash diet quick to keep him and all the younger lads wanting us ie barkley, mccarthy, besic, stones etc :) or they'll all leave us in the summer for a skinny bird :) Martinez better pull off a miracle and be phenomenal himself :) and win us the Europa League

A boy da kid. Limerick cittttttyyyyy. He was seen in the nancys doing the dirt on Heidi. She was unique though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back