Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like when ferguson signed andy cole.

If martinez can imorove him this season then its all worthwhile.

This is endless! I'm guessing Martinez is trying to develop his hold up game, because if he managed it, he'd become a top bracket striker. But it's really hurting Everton to do that right now. Just play to his strengths & get him running on goal. He'd likely get caught offside less.
Either way, ambition or not, he's an arse for going on about it in the press, when the clubs in a slump. Martinez has to develop a pair.
His new comments about wanting to win the Europa- so? I'd expect that you would as minimal. wish he'd tweet a sorry for misunderstanding to us fans?
Edit: just seen post above

This is endless! I'm guessing Martinez is trying to develop his hold up game, because if he managed it, he'd become a top bracket striker. But it's really hurting Everton to do that right now. Just play to his strengths & get him running on goal. He'd likely get caught offside less.
Either way, ambition or not, he's an arse for going on about it in the press, when the clubs in a slump. Martinez has to develop a pair.
His new comments about wanting to win the Europa- so? I'd expect that you would as minimal. wish he'd tweet a sorry for misunderstanding to us fans?

Well his latest outburst certainly provides insight into his sometimes questionable attitude.

I don't think having ambition is wrong, but prove yourself consistently at Everton first lad before you start thinking you have already arrived. Mirallas is an even bigger culprit of this.

I still don't get why so many people are talking about his disrespect for Everton. In what article or interview does he show this?

There's an article of 5 pages in a Belgian newspaper this weekend and there is not one single piece of negativity or disrespect towards Everton. He even states that there aren't many teams in the PL who can play better football than Everton. He also says that we can still go for a European place at the end of the season, all we need is a run of some winners, 'cause at the end of the season a lot of teams start loosing points and that's where we can come in from the rear.

All in all he's very positive about the club and he remains positive about this season (also the Europe league).

He talks about his injury at the beginning of the season and that he started the games for the team (it would heve been better if he had rested). His father was very ill before the World Cup and had to be taken into intensive care (he does not wish to say what his father has). Even today his father hasn't been to England yet due to his health issues. Since his father is so important to him, he admits that football came in second place for a while.

To end the argument of him really wanting to leave per se, he also says that his brother had an offer from Torino and he one from Juventus. They really thought about that because it meant they both could live in the same city (somehting their parents would have liked). But then he realised that at the moment there is no better team for him than Everton. Unless you're malevolent you cannot see a lot of disrespect in this.

He ends by the way saying that he really wants to win the Europe League and that he made sure the team knows this.

Stop letting facts get in the way of media sensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back