Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like a lot of our players this season he has been handicapped by a manager who has made poor decisions all season long and has certainly not been in a setup which allows for his strengths and guards against his weakness's.

Could well of done quite some damage this season Roberto. Players like Rom and Miralass already questioning whether staying or not is best for them. I imagine players like Barkley, McCarthy, Coleman and dare I say Stones are all deep down thinking a move we'll have to be in the future reckoning...

As silly as roms comments, it's a shame 12 months has ultimiely lead to this kind of thinking.

There's no smoke without fire and ALL players should respect AND to a certain extent have a fear of thier manager. Many examples this year show Roberto has no such respect or fear from his players!

Everyone of those players would think about leaving us regardless of our manager

The comment comes out so the papers put 2 and 2 together and link him with spurs/wolfsburg just like they did in the summer. Very much doubt either have taken a 2nd thought about a striker in the summer yet. With sporting news coverage now being 24 hours and so many news outlets with tv papers and internet they need space fillers which means they need to keep the 'rumours' coming

Like a lot of our players this season he has been handicapped by a manager who has made poor decisions all season long and has certainly not been in a setup which allows for his strengths and guards against his weakness's.

Could well of done quite some damage this season Roberto. Players like Rom and Miralass already questioning whether staying or not is best for them. I imagine players like Barkley, McCarthy, Coleman and dare I say Stones are all deep down thinking a move we'll have to be in the future reckoning...

As silly as roms comments, it's a shame 12 months has ultimiely lead to this kind of thinking.

There's no smoke without fire and ALL players should respect AND to a certain extent have a fear of thier manager. Many examples this year show Roberto has no such respect or fear from his players!
You are spot on what you say. There seems a negative vibe to this season. The football has been poor, managers tactics and general apathy amongst the supporters. Many have questioned whether Roberto is the men to lead us forward, sadly it is hardly surprising that some players are thinking that.

The problem is if a footballer talks a lot eventually things will get taken out of context and used to create a story. Unfortunately Rom is a footballer that talks a lot. We shouldn't make a big deal of it.
Maybe he should be told to shut up a lot and let his displays on the pitch do the talking
I guess he wouldn't have much to say there either

Quite disturbing, you obviously equate being a 'top' club to who is winning the most trophies in a particular era, need I remind you Everton came into existence a long time ago and have been just as successful as your modern day behemoths, only not in the Premier League era. Chelsae and Man City, Ha I laugh in their collective direction.
More successful actually (in domestic competition at least). Until last season hadn't we been league champions more times than Chelsea, City and Spurs put together?

He talked way too much last season and there were far too many stories about him. This is another, we spent ages worrying if he would sign, I am not going to stress about if he is staying or not. If he leaves we will get a profit or we won't sell and then have money to buy another striker. Nothing to worry about.
Mourinho players are generally not mouthy, Lukaku was and he got rid for the same fee as he bought Costa!
Martinez players can say and do whatever they want seemingly
Something has to give but the club has to be the beneficiaries in the end or else !
These are all paid hirelings, the club is far more important than them
Cmon Kenright sort them all out!

http://toffeeweb.com/season/14-15/news/29348.html

Romelu Lukaku says that if he continues to develop as a player the way he believes he can he will more than justify the record transfer fee Everton paid for him last summer.

The 21-year-old followed up an impressive loan spell with West Bromwich Albion in 2012-13 where he scored 17 goals with another 15 on loan with the Toffees last season before making his £28m switch from Chelsea.

Much has been expected of Lukaku but with Everton struggling to replicate the form that took them to within touching distance of Champions League qualification in Roberto Martinez's first season in charge, the Belgian international has battled to meet high expectations and has scored just seven Premier League goals so far.

He partially blames his less-than-stellar form this season on poor preparation after the World Cup and an early season toe injury but he also cites worries over his father's health. He also rejects suggestions that the Blues paid too much for him, though, saying he will be worth a lot more in years to come. "After the World Cup negotiations dragged on my transfer. The season was over, but I did not know where I was going to play."

"And then when I was sure, there was only one week left before the season started. Some said I was suffering from pressure after my transfer to Chelsea. But I just did not have good preparation."

"I have seven goals in the Premier League and ten goals in all competitions. If I had not had my injuries, I would have had four or five more. But I can live with ten.

“In the first game I injured my heel. Then I injured my toe. That continued to drag on.

“I kept playing because I wanted to help the team. The games against Chelsea and Arsenal (in August) I should never have been allowed to play. Few people know that but for those matches I've had four injections in my foot to play.

"So, no, the transfer fee of €35 million was not enough for me," Lukaku told HLN in Belgium. "For me, that isn't limit [of what I'll worth]. If I take a step forward, I'll be worth even more. You will not hear me say that €35 million is too much money.

"No, I will fully show that I'm worth that amount. I will do anything to increase my value still."

However, he's well aware of a drop in form and speaking to Sport Wereld in Belgium (as reported by Sport Witness) he explained that's down to personal reasons and his father being ill. Lukaku is very close to his family and his father hasn't been able to attend a match at Everton so far this season.

"In addition to the injuries there were some private matters. My father has been for a long time ill. Many people don't know that. Just before the World Cup, he was urgently admitted to the hospital.

"The trainer knew it, because I told him. I could not keep lying. Normally he would follow me to Brazil. He couldn't go. Since then he has still not even been to England to attend a match. Football is my only way to get out all frustrations. My father was my first coach. He is my mentor. If something happens to your father, football comes in second place. I will not tell you what he just had. It's still difficult. With ups and downs."

Lukaku has also been affected by the death of close friend Junior Malanda last month but he remains focused on the remainder of the season and he revealed that he has not given up hope of finishing in the European places come May. "Is it true that Jordan could have gone to Torino and I to Juventus?" he continued. " Absolutely. In the end we decided that Everton for me and KV Oostende for my brother were better options... Also Wolfsburg made me an offer, but Everton is the right choice.

"I just want to score more and stay injury free and finish as high as possible in the Premier League of course. We must pull out all the stops.

"I have not given up the fight for the European places. In football, especially in England, the race starts after March.

“As long as it's not done mathematically, you have to continue to believe in it.

“We also have to show people that we really want to win the Europa League. That's my big goal. To win a trophy. I want to win the Europa League and my teammates know that."

romelu-lukaku-sick-goal-b.gif

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...s/V96r_AK8LEw/s0/06-04-2014-GifNumber-260.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/IncredibleAngryGermanshorthairedpointer.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/PolishedElderlyAbalone.mp4

In the last goal it was his friend the late Junior Malanda who he brushed aside.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...-snubbed-juve-to-stay-at-everton-and-is-happy

Romelu Lukaku has done two very different interviews this week. Well, one was an interview and one was quotes which Lukaku apparently made after a match and were only picked up by The Sun initially. The British newspaper had the Belgian international explaining that he still aimed to move to a top club, insinuating that Everton weren't big enough for him and that his future was already under huge doubt just a few months after his huge permanent Soccernews and they have quotes from Lukaku reiterating that he turned down Juventus to stay at Everton in the summer. The Italian club made an offer to the player and Torino wanted his brother.

"Is it true that Jordan was able to go to Torino and I to Juventus? Absolutely. My parents, Jordan and I have seriously thought about that proposal. We would all together have been in the same city
icon1.png
have been able to live together. In the end we decided that Everton for me and KV Oostende for my brother were better options... Also Wolfsburg made me an offer, but Everton is the right choice."

Lukaku had every opportunity to say he's looking at an Everton exit and yet he didn't, reiterating that he's made the right choice. He's happy, there's just been a few bumps in the road this season.

Just bang some goals in.

He's making himself look like a tit defending, reiterating what he's said. He's now got West Ham and Spurs rumoured to buying him ffs.

Just fuels the media hounds. Hes 21, hell have ups and downs.

Can still see him getting 15 goals in the league this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back