Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's making himself look like a tit defending, reiterating what he's said. He's now got West Ham and Spurs rumoured to buying him ffs.

What, to play in their reserves? Lukaku couldn't lace Harry Kanes boots at the minute. Now a straight swap would be very interesting, but Pochettino isn't that stupid. Rom has potential for sure, but he's nowhere near the finished article, and what we paid for him was way too much imo. Mourinho getting Costa for the same money was a master stroke.

Some Evertonians unfortunately don't appreciate talent. It's sad that the likes of Osman and Hibbert get lauded as loyal servants while some fans can't wait to get on the back of Lukaku and Barkley.

It's not a case of wanting rid of Lukaku, it's the fact he's shown nothing to suggest he's a quality striker.

That he hasn't is admitted with..he has "potential", "needs better service"..etc.

His touch is bloody awful. Doesn't get involved in the build up play, can't create something out of nothing. He's a big leggy unit who gets on the end of stuff, like last season when both Baines and Coleman swung in crosses constantly. No top side plays in this manner. If he tried that dummy Diego Costa threw on Howard before scoring at Goodison earlier this season he'd fall over in a heap. This season there hasn't been anywhere near the amount of crosses to feed off as more has been played on the floor, which is where the big fella fails badly.

Barkley is a class act who is tidy on the ball and possesses genuine technical ability. The complete opposit of the Belgian unit.

It's not a case of wanting rid of Lukaku, it's the fact he's shown nothing to suggest he's a quality striker.

That he hasn't is admitted with..he has "potential", "needs better service"..etc.

His touch is bloody awful. Doesn't get involved in the build up play, can't create something out of nothing. He's a big leggy unit who gets on the end of stuff, like last season when both Baines and Coleman swung in crosses constantly. No top side plays in this manner. If he tried that dummy Diego Costa threw on Howard before scoring at Goodison earlier this season he'd fall over in a heap. This season there hasn't been anywhere near the amount of crosses to feed off as more has been played on the floor, which is where the big fella fails badly.

Barkley is a class act who is tidy on the ball and possesses genuine technical ability. The complete opposit of the Belgian unit.
26 goals in 66 games for us. I don't think that's nothing.

What, to play in their reserves? Lukaku couldn't lace Harry Kanes boots at the minute. Now a straight swap would be very interesting, but Pochettino isn't that stupid. Rom has potential for sure, but he's nowhere near the finished article, and what we paid for him was way too much imo. Mourinho getting Costa for the same money was a master stroke.

Get more years out of Lukaku than Costa. And Costas wages will take his price higher.

He got rid of a young player for an established one. No master stroke.

i'd cry if we swapped lukaku for kane

People would trade Kane for Lukaku?

shaking_head_disgust_keanu_reeves.gif

I completely agree of your assessment with Lukaku. For me he is actually as bad as Jelavic was at this point; btu Jela could at least hold up the ball for the attack. I wish we had kept him and just loaned him to Hull to get some confidence back.
Lukaku on the other hand needs to choose his words wisely when speaking to the press about leaving when he has been one of our worst performers all season.

Also I think what you say on Barkley is a bit meh too: He is lazy on the pitch and does not help the team defend/try to get the ball back after he loses it. I think he has potential but currently he looks like a League 1/Championship player.
Oh not to mention he seems to ignore the fact that the wings can be used.

Last edited:

Rom is fine. It's the 3 behind him that need improving.
This is right.
We do not support rom at all.He is either on the wing or isolated up front because we don't commit men into the box.
Playing naismith makes it even harder for rom.
We have one of the brightest strikers in the game and like barkley he is going backwards

I completely agree of your assessment with Lukaku. For me he is actually as bad as Jelavic was at this point; btu Jela could at least hold up the ball for the attack. I wish we had kept him and just loaned him to Hull to get some confidence back.
Lukaku on the other hand needs to choose his words wisely when speaking to the press about leaving when he has been one of our worst performers all season.

Also I think what you say on Barkley is a bit meh too: He is lazy on the pitch and does not help the team defend/try to get the ball back after he loses it. I think he has potential but currently he looks like a League 1/Championship player.
Oh not to mention he seems to ignore the fact that the wings can be used.
Oh my god.

It's like you're actually trying to be 100% wrong on everything.

Just bang some goals in.

He's making himself look like a tit defending, reiterating what he's said. He's now got West Ham and Spurs rumoured to buying him ffs.

Just fuels the media hounds. Hes 21, hell have ups and downs.

Can still see him getting 15 goals in the league this season.

If Lukaku can do this - 8 goals in 13 games - then he will win over all the doubters.
Including me.
So JFDI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back